1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Games on Linux

Discussion in 'Games' started by th.sigit, Nov 5, 2015.

Does anyone knows any good games to play on linux? I've been playing Battle for Wesnoth against computer for about three years, and all I did was replay old scenarios. I do not want to use wine or unity engine, but something native if possible. Thanks.

th.sigit, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  2. L1910

L1910 Peon

Best Answers:
    i was also looking for some linux games.

i will look this game you talked.

i dont like to use anything in the wine too.

i'm using Lubuntu and you?

thanks.

L1910, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  3. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Currently multi-boot: Ubuntu (under Unity/Gnome-Metacity/Gnome-Compiz as window manager) and LinuxMint and Windows 7 (I keep it only for Photoshop, because I can never get used to GIMP or Krita). In the past I tried various systems, among which I like Kubuntu or OpenSUSE with KDE as desktop environment. I have never tried Lubuntu (but simply install it and soon remove it) but I am sure you will like LinuxMint --Cinnamon has better features (well, if we are talking about the look etc. Under the hood these are all the same) than KDE or GNOME ... Funny is, I arrived at LinuxMint when I was looking for something with XFCE as desktop environment ...

th.sigit, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  4. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok if you want to play games then get Windows. I use Linux sometimes to do some work , what i have is dual operating system. The downside is that your main one has to be Windows. But anyway Linux goes with games as cats go with dogs - they don't like eachoter dude :) heheh CHeers.

bojan92, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  5. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @bojan92 : that's totally wrong.
    This is a question about Linux, not Windows.
    Are you running Linux in a virtual host? Because you can have Linux as the main OS and run Windows in a virtual host. Or like I do: run each OS from separate partitions.
    It is only the matter of provider. Creating games for windows pays for developers, while not so in Linux. Hence my question here.

th.sigit, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  6. L1910

L1910 Peon

Best Answers:
    a few minutes ago i'm playing Battle for Wesnoth and i'm really enjoying the game.

thanks for the indication.

L1910, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  7. ArhamSoft

ArhamSoft Member

Best Answers:
    This is a question about Linux, not Windows.

ArhamSoft, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  8. Sycrid

Sycrid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I play a few on linux, but mainly I run "playonlinux" and the game league of legends through it. Currently using Xubuntu as my desktop OS. Tempted to change this to Arch very soon though, as I'm hearing good words about it.

Sycrid, Mar 15, 2016 IP
    th.sigit likes this.