1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Game of Thrones parallax

Discussion in 'Design' started by arielleigh, Jul 10, 2014.

We just created a GoT parallax site and would love some critiques on overall design before releasing our full site next week. What do you think?? death-is-coming.info
    Thanks!:)
    Ariel

arielleigh, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Impressive... You have managed with only 9 validation errors to use a modern advanced technique polluted by obsolete 20th century attributes to produce a school project looking page that will probably have a lot of appeal for 12-year olds.

To be fair you might have something of value on your site, but I doubt many will do much with that splash page but click the back button or x the tab. So they will never experience the rest of the site.

COBOLdinosaur, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  3. arielleigh

arielleigh Peon

Best Answers:
    I should have mentioned complete beginner with no knowledge of code and started with a blank page (no layout/template). We were just proud to have created a simple site to show friends, based on something we love- game of thrones. thanks for critique
    ariel

arielleigh, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'll be kinder. Some of the animation looked a bit odd viewed with chrome on an ipad but I think you did a good job. I don't watch game of thrones so don't recognise the creatures you used on the site but I'm assuming they're relevant.

sarahk, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. arielleigh

arielleigh Peon

Best Answers:
    will have to play around more with responsiveness, thanks for the response!

arielleigh, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  6. Daaronin

Daaronin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know about everyone else, but I really enjoyed it! The art style and overall code design was very clean, and the only problem I had was with a few animations that seemed to jump a bit. But overall, it was really appealing.

Daaronin, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  7. arielleigh

arielleigh Peon

Best Answers:
    i noticed the jumpiness, we'll have it fixed on the full site. thanks for the kind words!

arielleigh, Jul 12, 2014 IP