1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Game design and business opportunity

Discussion in 'Programming' started by oily13, Dec 6, 2017.

Good morning,

I have recently identified a roadblock in my life that is to say, I cannot find an app game on mobile platforms that aligns to my interests.
    Identifying this as an opportunity, I'm looking to start creating my own games for IOS with a view to move into the android market.
    My issue is i have very little programming experience and require direction on where to start and if my idea for a few games will be possible on a mobile platform.
    Required:
    - any advice on how/where to start my game development knowledge
    - feedback about my ideas
    - once an app is designed how much does it cost to get it on the App Store
    - payment methods for purchases in the game

Your feedback and ideas are appreciated plus your "likes"

Regards
    Oily

oily13, Dec 6, 2017 IP
  2. Teshla

Teshla Peon

Best Answers:
    (1) If you're only beginning I recommend starting to doodle with Unity. Also if you're going solo, check the Unity asset store to cover for your weak spots (visual programming tools for non-programmers, assets for non-artists, etc.). Unity tutorials should help you get started with the program itself. (2) Feedback about your ideas - not exactly sure. You might start throwing a couple of prototypes into itch.io. Never tried it, but it seems to have a pretty active community. (3) Pricing - iOS costs 100$ annualy for a permission to submit apps. Android play store - can't remember (20$-100$ for lifetime access?). (4) Not sure what you mean by that?

Teshla, Dec 18, 2017 IP