1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

gambling adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by virtualkev, Aug 9, 2005.

Does anyone know why google doesn't let you put adsense on gambling related sites when they have gambling related ads.

virtualkev, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  2. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    only "educational" gambling sites are allowed, same for adsense

jrd1mra, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  3. virtualkev

virtualkev Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by educational gambling sites,is that sites that teach you how to gamble?

virtualkev, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  4. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    lol,
    yes actually, sites that teach about gambling in general. history, addiction, books, some how to... do a google search for gambling and look at some of the adsense ads and sites and you will get an idea of what you can get away with. Many sites build these educational sites and lead you in one way or another to sites that offer gambling. Personally I think its a load of crap that google doesn't offer adwords to certain industries, I hate companies that try and promote a specific aspect of what they think of morality. thats my rant

jrd1mra, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  5. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    An example of a Educational Gambling site, would be one who teaches someone how to play the game of poker. Whether that is allowed or not by google adsense I have no idea, I would just stay away from anything even related to gambling, there are millions of other topics that wont risk you getting in trouble with the G'sters. If you want to make a gambling site, why not just use another PPC program that allows gambling sites to participate.

Worldwid, Aug 9, 2005 IP
  6. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I kind of agree with you, but they do have to draw the line somewhere. Gambling is illegal in most US states, which is probably why they dont want adsense on gambling sites.

Worldwid, Aug 9, 2005 IP