1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gaining position in Google Product Search

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by AZimiles, Oct 22, 2009.

What tactics have people found most useful in getting your products to rank above the competition?

AZimiles, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some things that can help.... Keyword in the product title, keywords in the product description, keyword in the image name/title text, low price, use Google Checkout, update your feeds daily, etc.

snowbird, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google seems to have a different set of criteria for ranking in the product search. Some of ours will be in the top 3 for a week or 2 then go back down. It has been this way for a long time now.

debunked, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  4. petulajuday

petulajuday Peon

Best Answers:
    check the keywords in the title,description. Offer low prices and keep your feeds updated. Thats what many people would recommend

petulajuday, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  5. olivercarding

olivercarding Member

Best Answers:
    Its a completley different alg. I have done a bit of research into this in the past few weeks and noticed that its about not being too spammy, whereas in your meta descrip you can use the keywords 4/5 times, Base prefers you to use your keywords only once/twice dependant on how long your title & description is.

There is a bit more to it but it is late and i cba'd
    Using google checkout is absoloute bull though.. From what i have been doing in the last few days for my products i am out ranking most of the competition for the same products and that includes people with "Ratings" & people using google base.

The traffic is good from base but the conversion rate is shocking considering i am using pretty long tail keywords.

olivercarding, Oct 27, 2009 IP