1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gain in PR with the ad network??

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by dfsweb, Oct 19, 2004.

Just wondering if I would actually gain some PR if I joined up my sites on the ad network. Can anobody confirm this? I mean, does Google actually recognise the ad network's links as BLs?

Oh, and does anybody have a site that's running ad network's ads that I can view? Thanks!
    SEMrush

dfsweb, Oct 19, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You might, but the network really isn't about PR imo. It's about properly formatted anchortext links on multiple domains.

And yes, Google does recognize the backlinks.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  3. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    You would gain PR, sure... just like any other link. If they didn't pass PR or give backlinks, it would be useless pretty much. ;)

thebassman, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  4. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if Google recognises the BLs then it should affect PR as well, wouldn't it? Unless G's put a PR block of some kind on the ad network sites, dismissing these links as links from "just another link exchange programme". But, If G's recgnising the links then I would definitely join up. :)

dfsweb, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    If your link is picked up on a decent PR page you would see some PR benefits, although a lot of the links appear on pages with low (or no) PR. That was the only point I was trying to make.

I have sites that have picked up links (as do lots of others I'm sure) as a result of the ad network. I don't see Google would penalize the links in any way. It's an overall good program.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  6. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh right .... I get your point now! Might sign up. :) Cheers!

dfsweb, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  7. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Yeah, good point... probaby 95% of the pages in the network are PR0, but if you have a decent weight, you'll catch some PR pages now and then (and even PR0 pages pass a little tiny bit of pr). ;)

thebassman, Oct 19, 2004 IP
  8. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I've only been a member of the network for a little over 2 weeks now and my PR is still the same but that's not all that important IMO. I've seen dramatic increases in the SERPS for ALL of my targeted keywords. I can only attribute this to the network since I've done little if anything else to the site. Also my all in anchor is steadly going up as well because of the targeted keyword ads. Personally I can't see any disadvantage or reason not to be part of the network. Great job Shawn. Thanks !!

lowrider14044, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PageRank in *theory* could be gained, but that's not what the ad network is about, and the chances of it changing much is pretty slim since you only get ad impressions in relation to the ones you are giving out.

digitalpoint, Oct 20, 2004 IP