1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gaia online forums what's it all about?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by a$$-wise, Jul 13, 2008.

I just realised that gaia forums is the largest online forums in the world.
    & http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/
    Out of curiosity I visited the site. digg some more about it., checked about us pages visited portal/index page.

BUT end up more confused.

You'll be astonished to check its stats:

· 100,000+ transactions in the Gaia economy per day
    · More than 5 million unique monthly users
    · More than 1 billion total forum posts
    · More than 100,000 auctions transactions per day

Could anyone out there tells me whats this Gaia forums all about? Most of the discussions I saw there are so weird/ off topic & thus for me it became impossible to figure out exactly what's this online forums niche.

I decided to check what people talk about it on the social networking site "Orkut" & I found only one community/group of this Gaia online planet with 10 members
    Guess no Brazilians or Indians visit this Gaia planet.. :p :p

a$$-wise, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  2. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have an account there. It's like an online Role Playing Game. Your character/avatar gets gold for posting in the forums.. So many times people will just post randomly for gold.. Notice all of the "BUMP!" threads in the "chatterbox" forum. People will bump often just to earn a bit of gold. You can use the gold to buy clothes and accessories for your character, as well as furniture for your character's house. All of the "transactions" each day are probably from people trading and buying stuff with other people for their character.

avonlee1983, Jul 13, 2008 IP
    a$$-wise likes this.
  3. 2stamlers

2stamlers Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a big waste of time, if you ask me :)

2stamlers, Jul 13, 2008 IP
    a$$-wise likes this.
  4. a$$-wise

a$$-wise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But bumping on any normal forum (like DP for instance) is frowned upon act. wouldn't it creates more spam or useless posts?

& for forum-like that with such a magnanimous ammount of traffic & user activity it would increase more mess & chaos... dont you think?
    So BUMP is allowed on Gaia to earn brownies (or gold whatever!) or it's not in the rules but nobody follows it?

a$$-wise, Jul 13, 2008 IP
  5. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they really allow it considering there are BUMP posts created every 5 seconds and they're not deleted. It's only allowed on the "chatterbox" forum though. There are a lot of different forums on different topics. I usually just play the games for gold. They're a lot more fun :)

Edit: Er.. by "bump" threads I mean the whole purpose of the threads are to just to keep saying "BUMP!" over and over again. You still get gold even for that.

avonlee1983, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  6. Foxx

Foxx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doesn't really matter what you post there. If you're in the off-topic section and create a thread it could be on the third page before you even have the chance to view it after submitting it.

Stupid forum, but I'd like to see how a forum of the activity handles on vBulletin.

Foxx, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  7. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even I have an account with gaia online but after some time, a little bit confused and never returned to that forum. Now I receive only gaia alerts through my mail...

dairyman, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  8. pontiuspilot

pontiuspilot Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried the gaia online forums but found it was to cunfusing and miss managed to stay with it.I give it 2 thumbs down........

pontiuspilot, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't look like a forum :confused:

archangel, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  10. a$$-wise

a$$-wise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have seen some forums where all you have to post is word "BUMP".
    It is one of the way of saying that you liked the thread..
    Strenge though people dont thank the thread starter or add reputation points but rather post BUMP there.

Oh so selfish world! :sigh:

a$$-wise, Jul 30, 2008 IP