1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

G SEO Question

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by www.AmCy.org, Jun 24, 2005.

Hi All:

Question: if I am presented with an opportunity to get e.g. 100 high quality, theme-matched anchor text backlinks from 100 quality websites, which would be better from a G SEO perspective:

a) 100 backlinks using the same primary keyphrase anchor text for each and every link or

b) A mixture, maybe 55 backlinks with the same primary keyphrase anchor text, mixed in with 45 backlinks that feature a variety of secondary keyphrase / keyword anchor text language?

Which would be a better overall strategy, assuming that my priority is to optimize for the primary keyphrase?

Any insight appreciated.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    i would pick a

Shoemoney, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  3. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A mixture. 60% or so, main key phrase, 20/20 other themed, related anchor text. Wild guess AmCy and IMHO.

e10, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  4. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

DO NOT go for "A". The reason being is that when Google picks up the fact that you are getting 100 IBL with the same anchor text, they will percieve that as "google bombing."

"B" isn't too bad. One thing that you should consider is going for IBL to various sites on your pages. Don't just have all the IBLs go towards one page on your site. Have the IBLs spread over various important pages that you want to rank well for. If it's possible, try to pay for a few high PR IBLs as opposed to a bunch of low PR IBLs. Make sense.

Dean

driven, Jun 24, 2005 IP
    www.AmCy.org likes this.
  5. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking might be the case. Choice "A" might be considered bombing, or even spamming.

Spreading out the incoming links to point to various pages seems like sound advice. Thanks much for the comments, all.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  6. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google bombing sure can get you in trouble..

I'd go with rest of members that you should spread your keywords among the 100 IBLs to get optimum SEO benefit.

seo_expert, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  7. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better you naturalize your anchor text, better the ranking.

my 1c

Tuning, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  8. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    But it can be natural to have hundreds/thousands of IBLs with the exact same anchor text.

exam, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  9. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think so.

The way I see it, people link to sites in all kinds of ways, using anchor text, or an image/banner, etc. For anchor text linkers, some folks will use the perfect keyphrase/keyword to link to a site. But, in my experience, most people do not use the perfect keyphrase/keyword to link; they use words like "click here" or "this link" to link to a site.

Now, if you point is that some sites have many thousands of IBL's, and 100 IBL's isn't too unnnatural since it's a much smaller ratio, then I could go with that.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  10. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's another benefit to spreading your IBLs to other pages within your site. You increase the PR and SERPs of other secondary keywords that you are targeting as well. For example, let's say AMCy's main keyword to target are "student credit cards." That keyword will most likely be targeted on the index page. But let's say that other KWs that AmCy wants to target are "prepaid credit cards" and "secured credit cards."

These KWs are obviously relevent to the main theme of "student credit cards" By getting IBLs to those secondary keyword phrases, AmCy increases her overall market share within the search engines for these keywords. Some people try to go for #1 and only target one keyword phrase and get alot of IBLs for that index page that is dedicated to that keyword phrase. A more advanced concept is to gain overall market share within the SEs by targeting several keyword phrases and getting IBLs to the corresponding sites that has those keyword phrases.

Dean

driven, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  11. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I pretty much agree with you Amy, oh sorry AmCy. However in some cases, where the website is an invented and well-branded name (such as Yahoo, Google, SlashDot) I think the vast majority of the IBLs will be with that single invented word. I haven't actually tried to substantiate this, but to me it makes sense

exam, Jun 27, 2005 IP
  12. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO it depends on your site.
    If you're pointing at an established site, then 100 IBL's shouldn't even cause a blip on the radar.
    If it's a new site, then why pay for links for your primary keywords - the site is likely to be sandboxed, so concentrate on the secondary keywords and build the primaries naturally.

jlawrence, Jun 28, 2005 IP
  13. pawankumar

pawankumar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am also agree with this.

pawankumar, Feb 16, 2011 IP