1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Full image not appearing...

Discussion in 'CSS' started by tomah, Aug 28, 2007.

1. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok problem solved, I just didn't give you the rest of the code. I was stumped for a minute... cause I had it working then it stopped working.

Remove this from body:
    [B]width:950px;[/B]
    Code (markup):
    Add this to #footer
    [B]width:950px;[/B]
    Code (markup):
    Problem solved! :)

GWiz, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  2. tomah

tomah Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW...I just knew it would be something simple. As it turned out, you were almost right GWiz, but I wouldn't have got it without you. I had to delete the width: 950px; from the body as you said, but putting width: 950px; in the footer didn't work, but width:100%; did!!

Yay!! Thanks my friend!

tomah, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  3. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    There is always a quick fix, if i just put my head to it, I can usually fix most css problems within 10-15 minutes, doesn't require massive code changes as Dan suggested. Sure it's nice to have clean code, but that takes time and effort, and in the end doesn't really make much difference.

GWiz, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  4. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    ^Until you have to change something. Clean code is easier to maintain and easier to change. It's most likely to work cross-browser and with multiple mediums (suppose honey-dew wants her page to be displayed on mobile phones?).

Yeah, I know he just wanted one thing fixed, but I suggest that if Dan's going to give a new, clean version, he might as well take it (and he can use it as a template for other sites like he's been doing all along).

Stomme poes, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  5. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well as I pointed out to Dan in another thread, I'll use the same analogy as I used there. What you're suggesting is that we attempt to get an "A+" on all our exams in school, when a C is acceptable for both parties.

This means that why bother redoing everything when it's not necessery? How many people are going to be viewing this website on their mobile phone anyway? If it had that intention, or if a mass majority did this, then I would say, yeah certainly, invest some time into that. But the fact is that many people don't use their cell phones to view websites, and the chances of them even bothering with this site, is even slimmer. Why waste time and effort on a hopeless cause? That's the way I see it.

Bottom line is that it's about being realistic, It's nice to have clean and perfect that supports more platforms, but if its not necessery, which it isn't in this case, why bother?

GWiz, Aug 30, 2007 IP
  6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Because it's the people who use the Web site who are going to be the most affected by it, that's why. If I can get more people to access and use the site with little to no difficulty, including people with poor (such as myself) or no vision, mobile users and those on dialup, the more likely I'm able to turn them from random visitors to repeat visitors/contributers or even cu$tomer$.

Not only that, but as Stomme said, it reduces the time it takes to maintain the code in the future, meaning that not only does the client have to pay less to have changes made, but you can take that same block of time to make more money building Web sites for other people.

THAT is a win win situation for everyone.

Dan Schulz, Aug 30, 2007 IP