1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FTP errors, "Transfer failed"

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by MDStidham, Apr 5, 2007.

I often get transfer failed in my ftp client. Right now i am using Smart FTP but i have continually gotten this problem from 3 other ftp apps so i don't think that that is the issue. when ever i make a que of files to transfer only the first few files transfer every and then i get a transfer error every time. so to load wordpress i have to almost do it one file at a time which can take hours.

this is a big headache for me can anyone help??? i would greatly appreciate it!

I use shared hosting with godaddy, could that be it?

MDStidham, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  2. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Yes, Godaddy Shared hosting sucks

A lot of these hosts these days, have such crazy and stupid limits on shared hosting

Thats why its so cheap....

sundaybrew, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  3. anandsoft

anandsoft Guest

Best Answers:
    Possibly, yes.
    Godaddy shared hosting limits number of connections, and connections often get disconnected. As a result, a file transfer may fail multiple times.
    Usually, FTP programs have option to set the number of simultaneous transfers. Check if your FTP program has that option. If it is there, set it to just 1 file at a time.

anandsoft, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  4. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    agnivo007, Apr 6, 2007 IP