1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FSB Speed and RAM Speed Comparing Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KingJim, Jul 17, 2008.

Hey all:

Comparing 2 systems here and it brings up some technical questions I have been curious about:

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_1720_nb?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs

On the left we have 667mhz FSB with 2mb cache and on the right 800mhz FSB with 3 meg cache
    Both systems come with 667 mhz memory.

Firstly Does having a higher fsb help when the memory is 667? Does it slow down to the slowest component? And is there an advantage to having a 3 meg cache over 2?

The second system does have a faster cpu which I guess is an advantage but the fsb speed and cache size have me wondering.

A technical answer to my question would be highly appreciated.
    KJ

KingJim, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  2. xxxneo

xxxneo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I can't answer much technical :eek:.

It looks the second one with higher price could be a little faster pc,but again it depends what is your need,if you don't need much power,and space it is better to save some money, my suggestion would be that.:rolleyes:

xxxneo, Jul 17, 2008 IP