1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules FRUSTRATED!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by IanT, Mar 30, 2016.

Okay I have been a member of this forum since 2010, I have made many posts, never spammed about anything. I had to take a brief hiatus from my business (and the internet world) due to family growing (have a little munchkin now!)....

...and I come back to this forum, and I am no longer a recognized member or whatever you call it, because I need likes on posts to be a recognized member (and hence create posts to hire the quality designers who frequent this forum for contract jobs). I said to myself okay, I will do what I can to try and create some posts, solely for the purpose of getting likes, I have made a few, I have tried to help others, but alas! No one clicks "Like" ... FOR THE LOVE OF GAAAAAAAAHD.... What the heck does a dude have to do to get 3 likes on this forum! I literally have money burning a hole through my pocket, I need 2 logos created and a few articles written, and I find myself in the position of possibly having to head over to fiverr, instead of "keeping it in the family"

... I love and respect this forum but I wholeheartedly disagree with this new policy, especially for members who made numerous quality posts prior to the forum changes, It's like saying to me as a member, oh... I dont care that you contributed all that time in the past to this forum... You're NOTHING to me now.

So... I dont want to just create BS posts or try and wrack my brain for things to post for, I have not the time at this point in my career, I would hate to have to go to fiverr or other sources to find quality work. But it is a business decision and unless I can get some traction over here in the next 24-48 hours, I am going to have to hire elsewhere...

I am very FRUSTRATED!

IanT, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    Vitarank and Matthew Sayle like this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We appreciate that it's frustrating but there is nothing to stop you hiring a designer before you are "established" - check out the number of designers who have "selling" threads. The same goes for content creation.

All our rules have evolved to address problems on the forum and when we changed from vBulleting to Xenforo most active members had enough "green rep" to be "established" immediately. It's unfortunate that you didn't.

sarahk, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    IanT likes this.
  3. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But yet, I am unable to post design contests...How much "green rep" should I have had to be an established member immediately? I do not understand what problem this solves.

IanT, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    As I remember each green rep counted as a like.

Smyrl, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    IanT likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The old requirement was for 25 posts so we'd get people posting up a storm in Music, Games and Sport.

By needing 3 likes (3 greens) there is a sense of community approval or validation of you and of your posts.

Edit: Just found a great example of quality posting to hit the 25 posts threshold. These days if you want something sent via private message (Conversation) you have to make the request via Conversation.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    sarahk, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    IanT likes this.
  6. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like I definitely had some green rep though...ayeeeee.

IanT, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You did... you had one. Which was converted into a like automatically:

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/wtf-i-go-on-today-and-all-my-is-gone.1690872/#post-13582917

And also, just to double check, the old vBulletin database is still around, just in read-only mode, so I ran a query to make sure:

upload_2016-3-30_13-48-47.png

The first line was the positive rep you had that was converted into a like. The 2nd line was you giving yourself -1 rep point (back then it "cost" 1 rep point to give negative rep to someone). The negative reps were ignored, and only positive rep were converted into likes.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    digitalpoint, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    IanT and sarahk like this.
  8. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    huzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Thanks for clearing that up.

ps if I have 3 likes now, why cant I post a design contest? Do I need to wait 48 hours after receiving these likes?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2016
    IanT, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It can sometimes take up to an hour for the Cron to do it's thing, be patient and check back soon. Also the 3 likes must be from 3 different members. If they are you will able to post soon.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 31, 2016 IP
    IanT likes this.
  10. IanT

IanT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay magnifico. I hope that it goes through soon I have 3 jobs I want to post

IanT, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The Cron is a time based job scheduler and works on it's schedule not yours.:)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 31, 2016 IP
    IanT likes this.