1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Froogle's criteria

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by wordtamer, Mar 11, 2005.

I'm really new to all of this, so I'm asking for patience. :eek: I've received the e-mail about the data feed process for Froogle. In their list of dos & don'ts, they have the following:

Note: The following elements should not be included in your data feed:

HTML tags, comments, and escape sequences - We will try to remove any HTML from your product listings, but for best appearance, you should not include HTML in your feed.

My product URLs look like this: http://whimsandwire.com/lavender_topaz_crystal_necklace.html

Each of my product pages has a picture of that item and/or pictures of recommendations. Do I need to alter them "for best appearance?" Basically, what are they talking about?!

Appreciate the help. Many thanks in advance!

wordtamer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    All you have to do in that field is copy and paste raw text. Don't worry about formatting since none of the text will ever show. It's just read by the system, not by humans.

So include your img and copy and paste all text you of the product page into the description field.

T0PS3O, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  3. wordtamer

wordtamer Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you again! I'm off to feed my data. :->

wordtamer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  4. chatgun

chatgun Peon

Best Answers:
    You do have a product description don't you? Just include the name, description etc on the feed.

What they mean is adding HTML tags to your name or descriptions to improve appearance doesn't work.

chatgun, May 5, 2005 IP