1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

froogle optimization

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by mikeseo, Dec 2, 2004.

Has anyone figured out what froogle is looking for to get anked in first 3? pagerank seems to help but not be the end all be all? What about product name, is it better to just have the keyword or repeat the keyword or the keyword and some other words? title, meta, alt, h1, h2, bold, italic keywords, anything else? Is anchor text important for froogle?

mikeseo, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It's hard to crack that one because you don't get to see people's entire feed entry for that products that does make it to the search top 3.

T0PS3O, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  3. mikeseo

mikeseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You get to see the product name, image_url, product_url, price, category, some of description, what other entrys on the feed could help with ranking?

mikeseo, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The entire description. The customer specified categories. Which contains all the words.

T0PS3O, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  5. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    It cant be that hard to get the feed URL, just email the webmaster & ask for it for a site or something.

darksat, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  6. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Read the full instructions very carefully it's all in there.

Also check the field length some are rather large.... use them.

M

expat, Dec 2, 2004 IP
  7. mikeseo

mikeseo Peon

Best Answers:
    So would you say put keyword rich text in the description and other fields?

I found 2 articles, one says to use long description and pagerank can help rank higher. The other says use a short description and pagerank does not help.

Froogle staff interview where he says use long description and pagerank matters.
    www.clickz.com/resources/search_reference/search_engines/article.php/3363721

Frooglemaximizer.com guy who says short description and pagerank dosent matter.
    www.isedb.com/news/article/1034

mikeseo, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  8. expat

Best Answers:
    ...amongst others in their blurb it says ..description should match whats actually on the (landing)page... pretty juicy hint.....

I interpret this as 65k worth of text should at least match and potentially expand whats on the indicated landing page.....

See it from their side an automated tool sees blue widgets and 60K of blurb aimed at a page that contains red widgets and no blurb... how would you "position" that?
    M

expat, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  9. lbardach

lbardach Guest

Best Answers:
    Since you can only include in the feed what is on the landing page (specifically title and description in this case), you should be able to get a good idea of what people are doing by looking at the titles and descriptions on their landing pages. This of course doesn't tell you HOW MUCH of the description is being included in the feed, but you should be able to tweek things and see what works best.

I also thing that PR does play a role in listing order, but this is just a guess after a short time of use and research.

lbardach, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  10. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a tough nut to crack. I was just doing a comparitive analysis of one product I have on froogle. If you go and do a search on "Crinkle Fishtail Dress" you'll find four entries of the same product, one of which is mine. If you go and look at each page for the product on the four sites you'll notice that although the layout is obviously different, the description information is pretty much very similar. The only real differences in the four pages is the price, and you can tell who had millions to spend and who didn't. The point is, of the four entries I came in fourth. If you widen the search a bit, with "Crinkle Dress" or "Fishtail Dress" you get expanded results, and I come in way farther down on the page ranking. I'm talking page 3 or 4. One thing I have noticed though, no matter what, Overstock.com always comes in first. Wish I had millions to spend on stuff like they do!

Nick

nfzgrld, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  11. expat

Best Answers:
    sorry no you can include much more but it would be prudent to make sure that at least the landing page blurb is there as well....

By allowing a large chunk F omits the requirement for having additional fields like so many other shopping feeds
    M

expat, Dec 24, 2004 IP
  12. ryanturner.com

ryanturner.com Peon

Best Answers:
    There is obviously a lot of factors we are unaware of. I am in a similiar boat, and can't seem to get ranked above a 5 on any product I am selling - I think I am going to have to reaccess what I am doing.

ryanturner.com, Jan 13, 2005 IP