1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Froogle is terrible.

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by hallelujah7, Sep 9, 2006.

The product pictures are tiny. The only advantage is its speed. It's not comprehensive enough either. Are they going to fix it?

hallelujah7, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  2. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    The advantage of Froogle, in my honest opinion, is that it brings very targeted traffic to my site. Customers do a search for a particular product I offer, and come to my store to buy it. None have complained about small pictures, etc. They are looking for a price more than anything on Froogle, so they can comparison shop. The thumbnails are small, but users get a preview of the products, click it, and get the full-size image when they come to my site. I think Froogle is an invaluable tool.

Tara33, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  3. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say the advantage is that the comsumer is more targeted and it doesn't cost a thing to list in froogle. As a extra channel FOC there is nothing to lose.

asdfghjkl, Sep 11, 2006 IP
    Tara33 likes this.
  4. endora

endora Peon

Best Answers:
    As a consumer i hate froogle and never use it. I can never find anything im searching for. I just use a straight google search with better results. I dont know how they are setting the search engine but its not working.

endora, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  5. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I only use Froogle for very specific product searches. For instance, I recently did a Google search for "silver bridesmaids shoes", and "silver wedding shoes"; Google returned horrible results for these. So, I did a Froogle search, and found the shoes that way. I think Froogle may be better when there are not as many choices (web sites) carrying the exact product you're looking for. It eliminates spammy results on specific searches.

I get ample traffic from Froogle on my site. The following link is an example of Froogle traffic from the past few days.

http://www.twarnerdesigns.com/froogle.txt

I understand it doesn't work for everyone, though.

Tara33, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  6. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Froogle rules.

Stop hating :)

Peace,

Barti1987, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  7. andreaashby

andreaashby Peon

Best Answers:
    Froogle gives very targetted results if looking for a product, however Google gives most of the irrelevant results.

Also, from vendor point of view, it is comparitively easy to get the site/product listed in Froogle than Google.

andreaashby, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  8. HSJason

HSJason Peon

Best Answers:
    Froogle is good for finding products that you already know you want.. if you are actually looking for a broad term like... "Monitor" then its pretty useless.

HSJason, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  9. ANUL

ANUL Peon

Best Answers:
    what is froogle, i know one google project , but what make froogle ?

ANUL, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  10. gthenappan

gthenappan Peon

Best Answers:
    froogle brings targeted traffic. customer will go to froogle only if he is interested to buy the product, so it is a good source....

gthenappan, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  11. Hollywood

Hollywood Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not too much into it, but from a consumers perspective it looks good. I think they could make the adds more "noticable" though.

Hollywood, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  12. wiggly123

wiggly123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like shopzilla much better. Seems to have better content and easier layout for searching and deciding.

wiggly123, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  13. richarduk

richarduk Member

Best Answers:
    Froogle is so well explained on the site.
    Froogle was my first introduction to xml, I read the google specs and just sat down and created my own automated xml feed, even if you manually upload, its still easy. With the ability to upload images and have many, many feeds, and the fact that it is free... it just can't be beat.

richarduk, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  14. maltonge

maltonge Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi have been looking in this forum and some things i agree with
    I have used all these shopping engines

http://www.shopzilla.com
    http://www.prodease.com
    http://www.froogle.com

Out of the three the best for price to the merchant is froogle and shopease as there is no cost but at the moment I think shopease is updating as there site is not on at the moment.

Shopzilla is a nice looking site with a vast amount of products but as this is pay per click and many merchants are not willing to use this system ppc as for fraudulent clicks. like auto clicking programs that are ready available on the net for a very small charge. this is also sold on many auction sites as a get rich scheme.

Out of all of them I use prodease.com and prodease.co.uk as they only use reputable store and not any tom dick or harry like the other two. I have been stung a few times over the years by non reputable companies on the net don't you be one of them. prodease.com is the one for me. but this is not online at the moment they must be updating or something.

regards

mal

maltonge, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  15. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    i think froogle needs a makeover from a consumer perspective. google is use to being the standard in a market, but for comparison shopping, i'll use pricegrabber, nextag, or most others before froogle

guy123, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  16. Dunshster

Dunshster Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree, google us usually #1 but I prefer pricegrabber over froogle for sure.

Dunshster, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  17. zeza

zeza Peon

Best Answers:
    my friend use froogle with "body armor" keyword, & the result is videos & links, he click the link, but it popped the video above... :D

zeza, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  18. Hoosierhunter

Hoosierhunter Peon

Best Answers:
    Froogle is okay if you want to find auctions and ecommerce as an alternative to or in addition to ebay listings. I actually use it for shopping, so I can attest that it is important to some people.

Hoosierhunter, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  19. digama

digama Peon

Best Answers:
    is froogle helps in that way.

digama, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  20. sctutor

sctutor Member

Best Answers:
    hmm..
    i've been using froggle for a month and getting about 1 to 2 uniques a day...
    not sales from it yet.

I sell tattoo designs...
    any better experience?

sctutor, Nov 27, 2006 IP