1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

froogle help

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by strangerrr, Sep 20, 2004.

these is frist time i am uploading my feed to froogle ...

I have registered new feed but ... it shows that "Feed contains several errors " what should i do now ??

any help ??
    SEMrush

strangerrr, Sep 20, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. cobaltlady

cobaltlady Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't explain what the errors are? Maybe post one of your data lines here and we can see if we can detect your errors.

cobaltlady, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  3. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    There are six product fields required to setup a Froogle data feed. Froogle provides a spreadsheet example that includes the following product columns:

product_url name description price image_url category

After you complete the development of your txt file for the Froogle data feed, it is important to save your data feed correctly since Google requires a specific file name. Here are some directions on how to save your data feed to your hard drive.

1. Open the File menu in the top left corner of Excel and click Save As.

2. Next to Save as type, highlight Text (Tab delimited).

3. Type in your file name using these rules for naming your file:

• If you have a single store, the file name should be the username that was assigned to you via Google email #1 (shown above), followed by .txt. For example, if your username is “mytoystore” the file name should be mytoystore.txt.

• If you have a Yahoo! store, add the numeral 1 to the end of your username. For example, if your username is “mytoystore” and Froogle is already displaying results from your store based on a feed from Yahoo!, your file name should be mytoystore1.txt. Recall, Google does not recommend using a Yahoo Store to migrate your products into Froogle.

• If you are providing feeds for multiple stores, please create a separate data feed for each site, and name each store's data feed using the following system: storename_username.txt

-- Eric

EConcepts, Oct 21, 2004 IP