1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Froogle & Alternatives

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by T0PS3O, Mar 6, 2006.

Mainly for the UK (but also interested to hear from other countries) I'd like to hear about other product comparison feeds you pump out regularly to Froogle alternatives. Free or with good ROI.

I'd like to know the name of the engine, whether the feed is fastly different from Froogle's and a rough idea on the sales it generates for you (or traffic).

Thanks.

T0PS3O, Mar 6, 2006 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. L146705

L146705 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried uk.shopping.com but they werent very good. fees were too high and got no sales from clicks. Something to be aware of is that they dont quote for price per click with vat. so add 17% to everything on shopping.com.

I couldnt find any uk free shopping price comparsion sites, looked for a good 4 hours.

L146705, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Searching "Shopping Comparison" in Google gives ads for all of the big ones but none show specifics in a clear way.

Pangora sticks your feed on a number of engines. NexTag and PriceRunner seem expensive.

Anyone else know more?

T0PS3O, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  4. broke-r

broke-r Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience I don't think you will find anything good close to Froogle.

broke-r, Mar 20, 2006 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It does seem like that. All the others charge way over what an AdWords click would cost - it's a rip-off really. How can they justify that? I know from experience they don't convert as well as they claim (though it obviously depends on what you sell/your site).

I can't see why anyone pays 30p a click on multiple engines.

T0PS3O, Mar 21, 2006 IP