1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

From what I have to study programming?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Marttex, Dec 9, 2015.

I want to became a programmer. so what i have to study first?

Marttex, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Right. Because a programmer is a programmer. No, it's not.
    First, you'll need to decide what KIND of programming you want to learn. Programming is a VERY wide field, and can vary from programming microcontrollers which controls the servos on a fighter jet, to coding the todo-list you're using on your phone. And those two won't be using the same programming language.

Granted, when you've first learned to code in one language, learning a second one is usually easier to grasp, but first and foremost you should find a type of work, or a field of study you want to do. Then you figure out what kind of programming will make you a candidate for that position.

PoPSiCLe, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing that by becoming a programmer you want that to be your profession.

Consider the kind of firm you want to work in.

1. Want to be part of a big company with loads of people around you, a variety of projects to work on and career progression?
    2. Want to be a big fish in a small company with hands-on experience with most of the clients and have shares in the company?
    3. Want to work on leading edge projects where you get to be constantly pushing the envelope but never getting an indepth expertise?
    4. Want to be able to relax and work within your comfort zone on smaller projects you can complete easily?
    5. Want to be able to work from home?
    6. Want to be able to live in a smaller town or city and have a quieter life?
    7. Want to be able to work part time after you have a family?
    Personally, I'm number #1, #3 and #7 and they clash badly so compromises needed to be made. That impacts on the skill sets I needed to develop. Not much point having awesome Oracle skills (as I did) if my clients are all going to be smaller websites on MySQL. If I tried to get my old job back now they'd be asking "what I've done lately" that would impress and happy clients aren't what they're looking for.

So which of those are you?
    Are you prepared to go to University?
    If not, how much time and money are you willing to spend to get professional grade skills?

sarahk, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  4. Marttex

Marttex Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answers! Trully speaking I want to program for linguists and develop programs in languages field as Trados or something like that. So what do I need in that case?

Marttex, Dec 15, 2015 IP