1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

From phpbb to smf how?

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by seolion, Mar 13, 2006.

Hi,

I tried the migration tool given by smf for changing my forum from phpbb to smf, but without success.

My forum has the subforum mod installed , I didn't get the exact sub forum in smf, in fact no categories and threads came out.

Any other tool to convert my forum?

seolion, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  2. argyle

argyle Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll probably need one custom coded that takes into account for the extra tables. Im not sure what your experience with php is but perhaps you should try comparing that script with the install script for the hiarchy mod and see what's missing.

Sorry if this didnt help
    Argyle

argyle, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  3. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks argyle,

I am only a beginner in php, but certainly I will have a try..

seolion, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  4. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One other thing to make a note of is that the script might only work with X version of phpBB and y version of SMF.

If thats the case then download the older copy of SMF, perform the migration and then apply the upgrade to SMF. This has happened in the past to me when doing upgrades... the script was just behind the latest version.

MatthewN, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  5. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    If your only issue is the subforums, edit those forums to make them forums instead of subforums, uninstall the subforums hack, import the forums, and then make the former subforum as subforums again.

gprime, Mar 14, 2006 IP