1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

From 5 to 300 usd adsense revenue per day in two months

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by centreurope.org, Aug 30, 2005.

1. avatar21

Best Answers:
    Ya putting in a blog is a good trick, I done that my self.

But the same question araise ... yes man ... we can't have any <script> tags in the content body! but only the header , footer and side bar might work well enough:D !

But I wonder how they evaluate earnings per click on blogger, ... twice the normal clicks i think ... too much impression too little clicks! not a good tactic for those who aiming more clicks ... I guess

Regards,

2. fhiremark

fhiremark Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info! I'm wondering was this from only 1 site? or did you have many?

Also a question for everybody, how many websites do you manage that have adsense on them and do you do well on adsense?

fhiremark, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    On my old website i have been testing a number of formats and positions with adsense. I used to change everything every few days or so with no luck. I was about to give up when i have managed to increase my clicks ten fold when i rearranged the ads for the last time.

I have tested the same arrangement on my new website that looks almost identical to the old one and it did not work. Infact it was the lowest CTR in ages.

So my point is: You should experiment with your ads, colours/formats/positioning... Remember the arrangements that worked best so that you can always go back to them.

mightyb, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is not guaranteed income. It is almost like a job for me.

You have to test, test, test.

Like the previous poster said, experiment with everything. There will be failures and successes. But, at least you know what works and why, and what doesn't work and why.

PioneerGold, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  5. AndyBeard

AndyBeard Peon

Best Answers:
    On blogger it is easy to put adsense blocks after the title of each post, but before the body itself.

Just go into your template and look for where each post is inserted, and add a well blended block.

I also try to limit the number of posts displayed on the front page, that then ensures that you have adverts showing with your content.

This is still a shortcut, I would love to find a good ad management script that you can define good distribution of Adsense throughout a page with multiple posts, or more concentrated when it is an archive page.

Blogger only having one template for different purposes can cause problems ;)

AndyBeard, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  6. avatar21

Best Answers:
    Ya I knew exactly what you mean, it's best to have ads. together with 1st/2nd post in the blog page ... I saw some people done that using free blog codes. But I don't know how :D tell me if you know

7. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you get results if you don't give time for stats to come in? I'd say at least a week if possible before trying something else.

Also, don't change everything everytime, you won't know what change did give you better results. One modification at a time, take notes of the results and what the change was and repete. It's a binary process, see if this works, if not, try something else.

tomzx, May 29, 2006 IP
  8. scoxy

scoxy Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is 7 months old.

scoxy, May 29, 2006 IP
  9. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    well, that's great! If there's stuff that's still good, I guess I'm still allowed to post something.

tomzx, May 29, 2006 IP
  10. scoxy

scoxy Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't being rude, I was just saying, you asked a question in a thread started that long ago, theres not much change of an answer, although the member still seems active.

Cheers.

scoxy, May 29, 2006 IP
  11. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    well, it wasn't exactly a question but more like a statement. I know you weren't rude :p

I was just giving an advice to people who might still be reading this thread. You shouldn't be changing your configuration daily as you don't have enough data to really see the difference.

tomzx, May 29, 2006 IP
  12. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would have to agree, the link unit works better because it does not seem like an ad but a link to more content so people are more likely to click them. Also set the border color and the background color to match your background of your site and the text and links to match your text and link colors of your site and this will also help to blend in the ads to your site with out violating any google rules.

t2000q, May 30, 2006 IP
  13. Stevegg

Stevegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Wll, this thread IS old, but the most recent statements are still timely imo... :)

>"How can you get results if you don't give time for stats to come in? I'd say at least a week if possible before trying something else."<

That's true for many/most websites - but if someone's getting 1000s of uniques per day, then they can test placement etc much faster than the average webmeister getting hits below or around 100 per day (for instance)...

Of course results can depend on how many 'new' visitors you get every day compared to 'return' visitors as well...

If uniques are overwhelmingly new visitors, then the results of changing adsense placement/color etc will be more "pure" - each of them is assumedly seeing your page for the first time so after a 1000 or 10000 such visits, you can pretty well tell which AdSense configuration is best.

However, if most of your hits come from repeat visitors (especially from "regulars" - kinda like Norm on TV's Cheers. lol) then even a fantastic configuration will eventually slow down... because visitors are use to seeing them and will be susceptible to banner/ad blindness.

And in that case, mixing up the configuration or a least periodically rearranging it to a different looking good placement might result in a resurregence of clicks - even moreso if you "block" the top advertisers ads from appearing, if those ads are always the same from day to day...

...in other words, if the same ads show again and again, then regular visitors who were genuinely interested in that product/service have probably already clicked on it - and hopefully purchased *Grin* - so no placements would motivate those visitors to click on the same ad again, regardless of how noticeable the ad is.

>...the link unit works better because it does not seem like an ad but a link to more content so people are more likely to click them.... also help to blend in the ads to your site with out violating any google rules.<

Along those same lines, I believe Google is less strict on how Link Ads are displayed on a webpage compared to what you can "get away with" regarding the standard adsense ads. Therefore you should be able to really blend Link Ads into the design of your site.

I'm of that opinion - as are others - because clicking on the actual Link Ads produces no income and no charge to advertisers. It simply takes them to a second page that lists the relevant Adsense Ads. And that page is clearly shown to be a list of ads and was "designed" by Google itself. So if your visitors click on THOSE ads, then it should be due to legitimate interest and not because they were fooled into thinking the links were something else.

Just my delurked 2 cents. :)

-Steve

Stevegg, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  14. rocklover1980

rocklover1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the great info

rocklover1980, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  15. WagerX

WagerX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice, thank you for your comments.

WagerX, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  16. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    ainmohd, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  17. NoobieDoobieDo

NoobieDoobieDo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great info, thanks for the tips and well thought out post !!

NoobieDoobieDo, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  18. Hemanth

Hemanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hemanth, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  19. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's everyone's thoughts on a large rectangle (225 x 280) vs. the large square (250 x 250)? As long as it's in the sweet spot (in the middle of content) theoretically it should turn over even better, correct? Or am I overthinking it?

sd2001, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  20. nicedeals

nicedeals Active Member

Best Answers:
    nicedeals, Jun 23, 2006 IP