1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Frequently changing Title Tags is killing deep indexing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by crichey, Jun 14, 2006.

I know of an example where a website that used to have virtually all pages indexed and would receive search engine traffic directly to the product page level. The webmaster began frequently changing the title and meta tags of her homepage to target moderately competitive seasonally specific keyword searches.
    She was able to do quite well in the ranking for these searches, but the deep indexing of her site deteriorated and so did her direct to product search engine traffic.

I have asked around and some others appear to have experienced similar issues, when frequently changing their homepage's title tags.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems or if they have an explanation for this drop in product specific search engine traffic.

Thanks,

crichey, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  2. richardevanslee

richardevanslee Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done similiar - mostly do screw with some scraper site links - but it was only to content pages. Cost me nothing.

Google seems to be tough with my product links no matter what I do or - don't do.

Richard

richardevanslee, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Title tags are one of the most important parts of a page and something you shouldn't be messing around with

fryman, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  4. jalika

jalika Peon

Best Answers:
    oooh, i just changed my title tag of the home page, lets see whats going to happen, my site didnt deeply crawled by google before the change, lets see is it take more time or not. Also just pinged a xml site map to google.

jalika

jalika, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  5. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it has very big effect so dont change very frequently....

letsjoy, Jun 15, 2006 IP