1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer.com is full of scammers, has no support

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by umarbukhari, Dec 28, 2010.

1. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    LOLZ

That is real problem. But in your case it is very little problem. You have no reviews yet so it is easy for you to change the profile. But in my case...... just look at my profile

http://www.freelancer.com/users/feedback_709741.html

There you can see that I got one report incomplete on Dec 8, 2010 after a lot of projects with 10 out of 10 rating. I did not get less than 10 rating for any project in past. You can see that I have 118 projects done successfully with 10 out of 10 rating. if you click on the project according to which I got report incomplete You will realize that there is no selected provider for that project. That means the project was canceled. But I got report incomplete for that canceled project.

Now please have a look on this pic.
    [​IMG]

You can clearly see that its last login date is Dec 15, 2010. The noticeable thing is that there is not any warning.

After that when I start asking them again and again to remove this fake reprot incomplete they send me an email and I got a warning that you can see in this image

[​IMG]

here you can see the login date is Dec 19, 2010 , But more interesting thing is that I stopped bidding on freelancer in start of December. You can see my profile that I did not put any new bid after December. But only on those project that was my permanent clients. So it looks very odd to warn me about posting contact details... LOL

It clearly means they were trying to shut my mouth by these kind of warnings. And I still have their reply in my support ticketing system where they are saying me that they can remove my account without any reason.

Is not it blackmailing??? Thats why I m not working with freelancer any more. Because they are biggest blackmailers and doing fraud activities openly.

I suggest you guys to please go on facebook and post their experiences of freelancer.com on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freelancer/155844084464481?v=wall

I want freelancer to stop these kind of stupid things.. they really dont care about providers.

umarbukhari, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  2. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    NO
    i want them to keep this thing up
    providers have many more places to earn but buyers have the only one where they can scam as i mentioned above not only the upcoming but previously earned money is too at risk get your money into your moneybookers and start as BUYER ;)

by there own selves they are big scammers i just come to know about there forum and try to signup i wondered that i already have joined the forum and Banned too and on a little more research i come to know they bought database from another forum
    http://tycoontalk.freelancer.com/google-adsense-forum/172794-list-ad-sence-revenue-sharing-communities.html#post859168
    Code (markup):

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    MrPJH, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  3. contbd

contbd Active Member

Best Answers:
    if they keep doing things like these many good providers will leave for sure. Me myself is recently avoiding freelancer.com just for these type of scams by buyers.

THEY SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE THE MAIN POWER OF FREELANCER.COM

if qualified service providers start going to other sites then one time they will face lack of quality buyers also.

Strange thing is a hard earned good feedback is mentioned in black...but when a Incomplete report is published on profile WITHOUT ANY KIND OFG PAYMENT it is published with red mark on it .

contbd, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  4. DesignSprint.com

DesignSprint.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I have used GAF for years which is now freelancer.com. I have had really good and really bad experiences overall. There are people on there that sell their time for miniscual $$ amounts and you get what you pay for thats for sure. You really need to screen and interview every applicant that strikes your fancy and not just jump and click the hire button too quickly.

DesignSprint.com, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  5. momentio

momentio Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't really understand all the complaints about freelancer. I haven't had any problems with this site. I have submitted several tickets to their support and got a helpful reply in less than half an hour.

I would say most people that are complaining here don't understand freelancer's system. Umarbuhkari, there is a reason that freelancer doesn't remove feedback like that. People would just dispute every negative feedback they get. So what freelancer does is give you the option to reply to that feedback. Instead of crying and wasting so much time on this, you could have just explained the situation in a comment below that bad feedback. And what are you complaining about anyway? Your profile is full of 10s, do you think one incomplete report matters..like at all? No.

As for scams, I mean, most of it is common sense. If you pick a provider or an employer with no feedback from some third world country who doesn't speak proper English and just has "scam" written all over him, well then maybe it's your own fault. Freelancer provides security measures to prevent scams (and I know i am sounding like one of their employees by now, which I am not). For instance, I ALWAYS use the milestone option as a service provider. I have had some idiots try to argue with me about this before the bid deadline, and I just retracted my bid because they didn't want to escrow.

In short, I am pretty happy with freelancer until now.

momentio, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  6. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    I m sure you are from freelancer.com team.. If not then give me your freelancer.com id... I will post a project for you and post a report incomplete on your id and You will not be able to ask freelancer.com to remove it... If you can take this challenge then give me your id..

umarbukhari, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  7. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    If they give us option to reply to that negative feedback then why our reply does not show on buyers profile...??? SO that hey can do fraud as much as they want right... So that other providers cant come to know that the buyer is scammer.. right?

yes dear it matters... It matter when I got fake report incomplete that I did not deserve It matter because I did not get paid because of freelancer.com did not do right decision.. It hardly matter because freelancer.com is supporting all fraudulent peoples on freelancer.com. You are some one of freelancer.com team that's why you are saying this way..

Tell me one thing... If some one hire you for his work and you do all work fine but at the end buyer cancel the project.. and freelancer does not support you then how will you feel at that time when you was working on a job for 1 month and at the end you did not get paid when you have done everything fine.. how will you feel when freelancer does not support you and cancel all the the payment to the buyer and don't listen anything from you. Does not consider any evidence from your side... Do you think it is right justice??? If you feel that freelancer.com is right in all rules then please give me your id.. It is open challenge for you.. That I will get all work done from you and also post report incomplete in your profile and will never pay you anything, It is challenge for you that you will not be able to claim that payment and will not be able to remove that report incomplete...

8. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha... Now I m sure that you have no id on freelnacer.com,,, thats why you are saying "just has "scam" written all over him" It is challange for you if you show me a single buyer where there is mentioned at any place that he is scam or where there is any single report incomplete is mentioned that he posted anywhere.... You are not related person dear....

9. harrypotter567

harrypotter567 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep away is a big head ache freelancer.com

harrypotter567, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  10. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DP = DigitalPoint

You're here.

steveb, May 11, 2015 IP
  11. GNULinux

GNULinux Peon

Best Answers:
    DP = DigitalPoint, as for freelancer, i have used it once or twice, and in the end really didnt see the point, people will only give you a project if you have a decent rank, but to get a decent rank, you need to get projects, see the problem here? really dont think its worth it, i would rather come to forums and things.

GNULinux, May 12, 2015 IP
  12. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's extremely hard to get started on freelaner.com, it's the one freelance site that I never had any luck with.

cronik, May 12, 2015 IP
  13. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com is FULL of fake projects and scammers.

First, you'll see a number of jobs that are posted by unverified employers with no deposits/ratings/etc. with descriptions that are copied and pasted over and over. You'll encounter job after job that is an identical copy of one you just saw, just posted by a different account. You'll also come across numerous jobs with descriptions like "need data entry" and nothing more. Once you get past all of that, you'll probably be "offered" a number of jobs with the condition that you visit a scam "background check" site and pay $9.99. You'll also be offered fake "payroll check mailing" jobs, offered "interviews" that require you to work a significant number of hours for free as a "trial," etc. I could go on and on and on.

I was "offered" a "job" on there once and the "employer" asked to chat with me on Skype. He asked me a few generic interview questions, immediately offered the position, and, only seconds later, transferred a file to me that requested my financial information for their "direct deposit program." That encounter was actually hilarious.

There is zero support from the owners of the site. They do nothing to clean up the trash that's circulating over there.

Stay. Away.

PhiladelphiaIM, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  14. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With Freelancer comes with great power, but shows very little accountability & responsibility.
    If they would clean up their backend, and showed they care, then I suspect their site
    would over-all improve, and get even better then what it is now; currently freelancer doesnt care.

dscurlock, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  15. Postedhere

Postedhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    am a member but never really started getting projects here.

Postedhere, Jul 31, 2015 IP