1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelancer.com is full of scammers, has no support

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by umarbukhari, Dec 28, 2010.

1. kazookz

kazookz Peon

Best Answers:
    i have nothing but good stuff to say about freelancer

kazookz, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just avoid freelancer.com and use other system. good for you

chandan123, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  3. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    I have many things to say about www.freelancer.com, but unfortunate...L="http://www.freelancer.com/"]stupid support and stupid services.

Here is an example from their terms page.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    umarbukhari, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. fren

fren Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem can arise in any business at any time. Deal with it professionally. Learn from it quickly.

I always use Elance.com though. :)

fren, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  5. Alaister

Alaister Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

Alaister here from Freelancer.com

Thanks for bringing up these issues in regards to disputes and account suspension.
    We pride ourselves in offering a safe environment for both freelancers and employers to conduct business.

As you can imagine due to the sheer size of our marketplace there are at times misunderstandings between the two parties. We do everything we can to address any issues that arise. We have revamped and implemented our new dispute resolution system which has been great in resolving issues between users.

To prevent issues it is important for employers to thoroughly look into freelancer's experience, previous work and feedback reviews before making a decision on who to award the project. For freelancers it is important to conduct work through the freelancer.com milestone payment system to ensure you are protected.

Account suspension is a result of users breaking our terms and conditions so it is important for all users to understand the rules we have in place at freelancer.com to ensure they abide by them.

Our support team is online 24/7 so feel free to submit support tickets or engage in live chat if you have any issues or problems.

Kind Regards,
    Alaister
    Freelancer.com

Alaister, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. uggsmacys

uggsmacys Guest

Best Answers:
    That's good, you can learn about, hoping to continue to see such a good thing

uggsmacys, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  7. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Alaister.

First of all I appreciate that you take attention to this issue now After about 2 month.

I think you did not read the complete details of the dispute and you did not read this case yet. Because if you read it you should be aware of it that dispute was reported in new dispute system, not the older one. 2nd thing, Here you are saying that system is great. If it is great then why dispute team did not read all PM from client side??

Is the definition of greatness for you is just read few lines and finalize your decision based on that few lines???

You said your system is great, My question is that all greatness of system is only for buyers?? providers does not deserve this greatness???? If you read out the complete forum then you will come to know that I am shouting to show the report incompleted project in buyers profile too, so that providers can be aware of it if the buyer is serious or always like to post report incompletes after their work done.

Tell me how can providers come to know that how much report incomplete he/she has posted? Is there any system for it??? Do you not think that providers should have this greatness in the system?? It shows that you guys give more importance to buyers, not the providers who are paying you 25$ per month.

Ha ha ha.... I want to laugh on you Mr. Alaister,

Tell me any single term that is usefull for providers?...

If you want to say the term of Escrow then Dont mention it here, because it is not usefull when there is your term #11.3 I hope you remember your term #11.3

If I will award open up and award a project to any person. I will put there escrow. Not a problem. But I will never accept his work withing the time we committed... after that my work will be done but.. I will have option to openup dispute on that amount, There are no chances that the provider will win the dispute, because he did not complete the job on time..

Tell me where is the greatness of your system????

Thats why I m saying again and again that freelancer.com is openly doing fraud activities and no one can ask them. If some one will rise his voice, his account will be suspended or dismissed because according to your terms, freelancer has power to do anything and no one can ask them.

Am I right Mr. Alaister???

umarbukhari, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  8. DeanR

DeanR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, sad but true. I lost around $200 USD few months ago. Contacted the support but got no reply.

DeanR, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  9. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Umar in my opinion if provider do not complete on time and lost arbitration due to did not provided the deliverables with in deadline it is fine
    how ever listening from Only Buyer ignoring providers is real big mistake

MrPJH, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  10. Quidditas

Quidditas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They've paid me twice already and also I haven't had any issues with the buyers yet - with the possible exception of my latest job there (though it's still too early to tell - all I know is that the buyer hasn't verified the competion of the project yet though I've finished my part of it some weeks ago).

Quidditas, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  11. cdesigner

cdesigner Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com is full of shit ! all are scammers are out there they dont even reply you
    and thats what support says
    "Sorry we are unable to help you because theres no deposited milestone" :0
    they dont even ban them :( !

cdesigner, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  12. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    If you think it is so easy then Bet with me. You will be provider and I will be buyer. Then I will see that how can your do the job on time. What will you do If I will never accept your work withing the time? and I think you did not read complete from.

Buyer did not provide me any access of his pc where the problem was. What will you do in this case???

Actually you are here to post your links only. You have no concern what is the problem... huh..

umarbukhari, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  13. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you really did not meet any scammer there yet. Tell me what will you do if a buyer want to do fraud with you? buyer will have all the rules to show you wrong. But you have nothing.

If you dont know then please go to freelancers term page and read term number 11.3. and term number 6.2.

According to these terms buyer can say I m not responsible to pur amount in escrow. for example if he put the amount in escrow, he just need to pass the time that you have committed with him. Then he have to openup dispute and ammount will be back to his account the reason... You could not provide him work on time... Do you have any solution or hanve any option to avoid this thing??? What will you did everything but buyer is not accepting it??? have any body answer of if?

umarbukhari, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  14. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh no No compromise on it if provider report buyer "he have finished the Job" it should be considered finished when provider reported and if buyer did not respond or approve within deadline it should not meant that work was not done within due time
    i just thought it as i know how vworker works they consider work completed on the time when worker report it as completed
    if freelancer work same as vworker regarding deadlines its fine but if they consider work completed when buyer respond then no doubt they just support scammers

Wait:

you scammed by asdink1 ? if so it looks they are really in the market for getting projects posting fee and nothing else
    project posted by asdink1 status awarded selected provider blank his employeer rating 1 and there is no incomplete report on his employeer profile and on your profile it is stated as incomplete it seems they are happy that they have collected there project posting fee from asdink1

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    MrPJH, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  15. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Just keep away from the site... People have been complaining about it for a while and the site has just gone downhill. Just leave it, you probably won't get your money back anyways.

EvanP, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  16. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the problem MrPJH that freelancer.com consider work complete when buyer respond that it is completed. The other problem is that they did not look at the PM details from where they can clearly see that the buyer was trying to save his amount only.This is the real problem that freelancer really dont care about providers...

Here is another example. If you win a project. Feelancer.comm will deduct thir percentage for that project, and if buyer will cancel that project, freelancer.com will never return you anything, they will say you that it is the introduction fee. If it is introduction fee then they should never deduct any kind of fee for the next project with same buyer. But no, they will of course deduct the fee for every project with same buyer.

On other side if you are working with elance, Elance will never deduct any percentage unless buyer will send you payments. They will deduct the percentage from the payment that comes from your buyer, not in advance. It clearly shows that freelancer only concern with their earnings only.

That is what I m trying to say feelancer.com that the project was canceled, but they still put report incomplete in my profile and if they put the report incomplete in my profile then they should also put that report incomplete in buyers profile so other providers can come to know that this man love to post report incompletes so they will stay away from him.

That is what I m saying from over 1 year but freelancer.com dont care what I m saying they only cares about their earnings.

umarbukhari, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  17. JRadford86

JRadford86 Peon

Best Answers:
    We hired the services of a young gentleman in the Ukraine on Freelancer. He was engaged to complete two jobs for us. One was done in record time and the other was not completed. He did a lot of work but one major part of it ( a report on the existing set up of the system) was not finished. He explained that he was sick and that he would finish it as soon as possible. After 1 month of waiting we stopped his access to the software. He started a dispute and we supplied all the relevant documentation to support our case. He escalated the dispute. He did this while our business was closed for the New Year Holidays. We received an email from Freelancer saying we did not respond within 72 hours therefore we forfeited our case??? (with no chance of reconsideration) This in the terms of the agreement and we offered to settle the amount owing. We expressed how unfair it was and we could not recommend Freelancer to others if (IF) we were asked. We were given no chance to consider any other options.
    We accept this as the normal part of doing business, however the personal attacks from 'Joe' at Freelancer have been unacceptable. He has described our not being able to attend to the email within 3 days as 'deplorable'. He has questioned my 'status within society'. In response to my description of the process as 'unfair', Freelancer replied to say I was being 'unfair'??
    I explained that IF I was asked by anyone I would not be able to recommend Freelancer because of this technicality of 3 days to respond. Freelancer interpreted this as my intention to disseminate ill word and that I was a 'distasteful' person as a result.
    Terms and Conditions are very important in business however I am not sure how this particular business practice ( 72 hours or else) would be acceptable under Consumer Law here in Australia regardless of caveat emptor.
    I am interested if anyone else has had similar dealings with Freelancer? Especially in Australia. The part that worries me the most is that there are numerous individuals in the World relying on Freelancer to get work. For some it is a matter of survival. I am a business owner in a wealthy country ( Australia ) I will pay and never use the system again. But I have the type of business that would have sent a lot of work to others on Freelancer.
    They do not see what is happening. This warning is not just for businesses intending to use Freelancer but also to those Freelancers looking for work.
    I should add that after the 3 day period, the email from Freelancer said that the remaining monies owing would be taken from our account. It is now 3 weeks since that email and the money has still not been released to the Freelancer in concern????
    Good Luck Everyone

JRadford86, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  18. umarbukhari

umarbukhari Peon

Best Answers:
    How ever it was your mistake that you did not respond.

The real problem of freelancer.com is that they dont take any attention for providers. If you are a buyer and will not respond them. They will never ask you again.

If there is anything happened unfair with you. They will ask you to read their term num 11.3 If you still not satisfied then they will ask you that they have rights to remove your account from freelancer.com without any reason. Now tell me why it happened always with buyers.

1 person was saying in this forum to handle this problem professionally, My question to him that what is the professional way to handle it if they dont listen your problem in their support center?? What is professional way to handle it when they warn you again and again to stop these kind of things other wise they will permanently remove your account?? What is the professional way if the dispute system did not read any PM and announced their decision by reading just first 2 pm???

If you read the terms and condition then you will understand that It is much easy for buyers to do fraud activities on freelancer.com but if some provider want to be careful his best, he can't Because terms are against the providers and useful for buyers. Then what can providers do there?? If providers will rise their voice, their accounts will be removed, and it is not an easy job to make your profile again.

So what I suggest is that Elance is the best plateform to work on. There are 90% more securities for providers than freelancer.com and they always cares both sides.. For example if you win a project of 250$ on freelancer.com, freelancer will deduct their 7$ at the spot, no matter if you get paid according to that project or not but if you win a job on Elance.. of ammount 250 they will never deduct their charges, they will deduct their charges when you will get paid from that buyer, an other thing is that if your provider pay you only 50% the elance will never deduct thir charges of total amount, they will deduct the charges for that 50% only. Now tell me that which one is batter...

On freelancer, If provider will cancel the project then buyer will never get anything back. That is really unfair...

umarbukhari, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  19. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lolz it means if you won a job of 50$ provider paid you and you decided not to withdraw until you reach a specific amount in balance later on you won another job of 200$ your account deducted for 20$ later on project canceled or putted in dispute you will never get your money (20$) back it means your hard earned money is always on risk

lolz

MrPJH, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  20. MrPJH

MrPJH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lolz
    bid on project get your projects canceled and deposit them from your own pocket

have look at images bellow

My Account
    [​IMG]

support response

[​IMG]

MrPJH, Jan 21, 2011 IP