1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelance job forums?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ActiveFrost, Jan 21, 2021.

I remember the good old times when we had tons of job offers here, specifically in Programming section, but now .. close to 0 (a few in a week or two doesn't count).

Since I believe this hasn't happened due to the fact that everyone all of a sudden knows what they are doing themselves and don't need any help, I'm wondering ..:
    • are those things now being posted on other (which?) forums?
    • is everyone in need really posting such things on freelancing sites (not forums)?

ActiveFrost, Jan 21, 2021 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I remember the good old times here as well, sadly those times are long gone. most of the decent members have gone now and we're just left with the fuckwits and nutjobs, the design contests section is probably the busiest forum here now.

malky66, Jan 21, 2021 IP
  3. fencerstars

fencerstars Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It would be really great to have a thread on freelancing. Maybe we could make one. Still it is good to hear from actual experiences.

fencerstars, Jan 24, 2021 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The "good old times" really weren't all that good. We had a couple of horrible trolls back then that managed to chase about two dozen good members off of here including myself. The trolls eventually ran out of subjects to harass and left the site. Unfortunately the members never returned, but I did after about a year or so.

I much prefer the way things are now, a bit slower but far more civil.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 24, 2021 IP
  5. Asif Hossain

Asif Hossain Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the fact that sites like upwork have also come up played a major part.

Asif Hossain, Feb 5, 2021 IP
  6. charlesh96

charlesh96 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, special sites for contact between the customer and the contractor are more popular.

charlesh96, Sep 7, 2021 IP
  7. aurorazero

aurorazero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh I remember those days. I left as well and wandered the far realms of the net only to return. I do not post a lot but lurk a bunch. This site has cleaned up a lot since then.

A freelancer section might be a good idea if the rules are fair.

aurorazero, Oct 14, 2021 IP
  8. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Forums are good for communication and insider information, but for work I really prefer third-party sites where I can clearly demonstrate my portfolio and transparently negotiate with the employer.

Đặng Văn Bình, Oct 14, 2021 IP
  9. Charlie Wex

Charlie Wex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try https://www.freelancer.com/. This is not an advertisement but a real offer.

Charlie Wex, Oct 30, 2021 IP