1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freebie: URGENT NEWS

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Owlcroft, Apr 2, 2005.

When I screw up, I don't fool around.

A very small but very bad error exists in the Freebie 2.xx releases; it is fixed in 2.11, which is now up.

The error was a rel="nofollow" that snuck into the findbooks script, so that all your nice thousands of book pages were invisible to search engines.

I beat my breast, I pour ashes on my hair--but I fix the problem, too. (I also added in a few other tweaks at the same time.) Do be sure to read the docfile Upgrading.html, but in essence you just pour the new files over the old, excepting the customize.inc and the .htm files (if you've customized any of those), then quickly run pull.php (once per division--it takes about 2 seconds to run) to remake the lists from the extant search data.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Owlcroft, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  2. Scott

Scott Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know (+ the quick fix). Would it be possible to have a mailing list, so we're updated pretty quickly to future issues?

Thanks again,
    Scott

Scott, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  3. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    Most certainly. In fact, I have one now, save that I cannot be sure how complete it is. But anyone who wants on the "Freebie" mailing list, just send me an email to that effect, at:

I think, though, that I will expand that to an all-site mailing list, since those who use one of the toys often use another. Most of the others, being pretty simple, don't change as much or as often as Freebie, but I'll send update/change info on them all to anyone interested.

Owlcroft, Apr 2, 2005 IP