1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Wordpress: How to get the best out of it, HELP

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by SJHSportsWriter, Jun 4, 2015.

[​IMG]

Hi there! Thanks for checking this out!

Basically I have a few questions if anyone could help me out?

I just recently started to blog on Wordpress and the account I have signed up for is the free version. I'm finding it hard to customize to a point where I'm 100% happy with it. As I'm sure most of you know anyway there are ALOT of restrictions with the free version.

What I'm wanting to know is has anyone got some tips to get the most out of it? I do plan on moving to a paid version in the future depending on the success with my site. Is it just a matter of moving to a paid version now though? I've done what I can to put my own touch on it as much as I can. I've made pictures to look like uttons that link to the various areas of the site which I'm really pleased with.

Anyway, if anyone has any pointers I'd really appreciate it! I apologize if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum. Thanks folks.

SJH.

sjhsportswriter.wordpress.com

SJHSportsWriter, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  2. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to get an actual web hosting account and install Wordpress directly on your site. You can actually get a free webhosting account at http://www.mzzhost.com. In the cpanel, you can use Softaculous to do a quick install of Wordpress. Once you do that, you'll have total control over your site. Only thing you'll have to pay for is the domain name.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jun 4, 2015 IP