1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Webmasters Resource - Review?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Design1, Dec 10, 2004.

Hello! I just put together a new website Free Webmasters Resource and was curious what people thought about it. I am still working on the forums a bit, going to work on adding some mods and a skin but I would like to get some opinions of it overall. I know there are similar sites but I am trying to work on something that won't be neglected and will have loads of content including free scripts, free tutorials, anything free that can assist anyone in creating a website. Of course its 'under construction' because no website is every truely finished ;)

Design1, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  2. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks fine. I just dont like the overlapping background image at the top. other than that youll be ok.

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great looking site, did you design it yourself?

What are the best things you will offer or focus on?

anthonycea, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  4. AcornDomains.co.uk

AcornDomains.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a way to mask the Affiliate URL links? It makes them (along with the Google ads) a bit obvious that you are trying to make PPC fromn this.
    I would like to do this on my sites too.

Nice looking site tho, well done

AcornDomains.co.uk, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  5. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your comments! I really do appreciate it! :D

I did not make the original design myself, it was something i purchased exclusively but did a lot of work to (added to original psd, chopped the flash, created html from scratch). I could create it if i took the time, no problem. I make tons of web templates for my website ;) I just really liked this design since I create almost all of my own designs I sometimes like to see something other than my own work as it helps my creative inspiration.

I do realize that there are some affiliate links on my site and they aren't exactly hidden but since it is a free site I figured it was a lot better than popups, active x controls and those obnoxious in screen popups that have the 'close' button hidden or not even showing. I basically want to make it as free as possible but still allow people to find things relevant to what they are looking for without being obnoxious about it. Actually the main referral link on my site is to another site of mine, i just put the affiliate id in for tracking. Do you think it would be more professional for a direct link? As far as google is concerned its just a link to the index page of the site (it drops the affid).

I do not expect to focus on any particular area, but all of them. I also want to add more areas without the site being too overloaded. I hope to be able to add a wealth of information so that people are able to go there and find what they are looking for. I would like to see this site become, well.. massive :)

Thanks again for your comments, they are greatly appreciated!

Design1, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  6. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like the look. Clean and simple.

You've got quite a bit of real-estate on the header, I'd have the title 'Free Webmaster Resource' stand out a bit though.

If it was my site, I'd change the background color (light blue) to something bolder or different from a blue. Too much blue.

Just my 2 cents ...

anton-io!, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  7. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I appreciate your opinion! I just might play around with the background colors and see what I can come up with. I liked the colors quite a bit untill you mentioned that and I think you just might be right.. ;)
    As for the header I have been playing around with the idea of making the title be a graphic or just plain text. I don't want to over do it and right now i think im 'under doing it' and making the site look cheap.
    ;)
    Thanks again !

Design1, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  8. aspcoder

aspcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site are good
    1)background color should be light b'cause it should be lighter than your site.
    2)when cursor points on tabs on top ,the color should be red or yellow instead of black.black is merging with background.
    3)Yellow icon should be smaller because it is grabbing attention more which is not required.

aspcoder, Dec 15, 2004 IP