1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free ways to gain traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by McLeanMeister06, Mar 24, 2013.

Hello,

I would like to know what are the best free ways to gain traffic to a website?

McLeanMeister06, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  2. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best FREE ways are social media, forums, guest blogging, classified ads, and article marketing. Oh and social bookmarking. Try those out and see which one works best for you, then focus on that.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  3. ahmet teke

ahmet teke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create unique content.
    Give users reasons to find and follow you.

ahmet teke, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  4. szamansarkar

szamansarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I Agree With @ninjamtlt1. The Right way For Free Traffic.

szamansarkar, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  5. Traffic_Masters

Traffic_Masters Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Social Media - create facebook pages, be active on twitter, create tumblr page and post pictures with your website as the watermark

2. Youtube videos, youtube comments

3. Forum signatures (but dont spam, just be generally helpful)

Traffic_Masters, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  6. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Useful content that is sourced other places on the Internet.
    How you find content is how others will find your site.

suidmach, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  7. waynemoney

waynemoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with most but the classified ads I have not had any good luck I have posted in the hundreds and never see any real traffic do you have any advice? Maybe I am doing something or maybe not doing something any help would be appreciated.

waynemoney, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  8. eagle_eyes

eagle_eyes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The traffic you receive is never really free. You will always pay a price for it whether it was with your hard earned dollars or your time. If you choose to use your time, one of the best methods of free "targeted" traffic is within niche related forums. If you are into internet marketing or make money online, then of course you want to find yourself in those types of forums giving valuable information to the readers. If they like your feedback or advice on the subject matter, they may began to hunt you down for more. That's when a clickable signature link would come in handy

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    eagle_eyes, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  9. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree we use the word "Free" but it can take time to get the traffic. If you are using a blog you an always use the Shareaholic plugin. You chose who you want to share your blog with but you can send it to Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Tumblr, and Reddit. These are only a few.

If you are not members of these platform you have to join them but it is the easiest way to get you blog out and about and it will start creating traffic for you.

bettaone, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  10. nolt1968

nolt1968 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very good info! I believe niche forums to be one of the best ways if you are really
    being helpful and not just saying little nothings that doesn't really help anyone but
    yourself. Manual traffic exchanges can actually be quite good too.

nolt1968, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  11. sanhal

sanhal Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest can work well for traffic if your niche lends inteself to pinning great pictures that others want to repin. The traffic to my health niche blog has doubled since I started using it at the end of last year.

sanhal, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  12. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good and regular content and social network site, Twitter is really good

iphoneglance, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  13. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Utilizing some top article directories is not bad, if you post quality and fresh content in your niche, you would get some targeted traffic to your website.

MikeQ, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  14. NeilUK

NeilUK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Some suggestions for free traffic:
    • Ezine articles - Submit articles to Ezine Artciles as well as Go Articles and Buzzle
    • Viral rebrandable reports - give away to people who join your list and submit to free ebook directories
    • Viral videos - Submit to YouTube, Daily Motion etc
    • Powerpoint presentations - Create and submit to document sharing sites
    • Guest blogging - submit articles and blog posts to well trafficked blogs
    • Giveaways - Give away a report or software you have rights to with links to your website in them
    • Press releases
    • Affiliate programs - Create an affiliate program for your product and have affiliates do the grunt work of getting traffic for you
    • Forum marketing - Be creative with a forum signature. Participate in threads but don't spam
    Hope these help you out

NUK

NeilUK, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    G+ and classifieds can be an excellent source of traffic. Or course, spamming is not going to get you traffic, but a couple quality ads and a bunch of people who follow you, can quickly gain you the traffic you need. Of course some of it also depends on the products or services you're offering.

qwikad.com, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  16. HeavyKeys

HeavyKeys Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found quality content to be the main factor. Not only is it more stuff for Google to index and therefore be found by people, but good content is also what will keep people coming back, sharing your site with their friends, etc...

HeavyKeys, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  17. gox1971

gox1971 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best free traffic is if your website is on the first place of Google for main keyword of your product/service but this is not so easy to get.
    Even if you understand SEO there are ONLY 10 places on the first page and competition are huge (Taliking about popular niche).
    So besides SEO and position one there are lot's of other free resources but you can not expect traffic same day. It take some time.
    Social media is great way to drive traffic on your site on a free organic way, especially Facebook and Twitter.
    Create Facebook fan page and link it to your website.

gox1971, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  18. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog posting, Forums posting, Directory submission, Guest posting can be helpful to increase the website ranking. Social media is another source which can used to promote and optimize website traffic.

Andy01, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  19. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wanna add that you should really focus on one or two methods that work really well, so you don't spread yourself too thin. Find what works, and stick with it..and "scale" it, so that you do less work, and get more rewards.

ninjamtlt1, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  20. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of free way , you should need to know where is the best place to target your market then there will be the best free tools for you to generate traffic.
    For me , I prefer youtube, facebook , twitter , Linkedin to generate traffics compare to SEO . But SEO cannot be ignore due to it always given more unique traffics and higher conversion rate because usually those search visitors to come with serious looking for your services or products.

JerrickYeoh, Apr 1, 2013 IP