1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free video hosting for bloggers?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by stephenmunday, Dec 18, 2005.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some good ideas for this:

I want to post video on my free Blogger blog. (This is my family's personal blog, so we want to do everything for free if possible.) Yesterday, I signed up for http://www.castpost.com/ and posted my first video through them. In general, I like what they do. I can even do "BlogThis" and have it post the video directly into my blog. Signing up as an "Alpha" user means I won't get charged for a year, and I get 100Mb space for my videos.

However, there are two problems:
    1. 100Mb will go very quickly - even just using the scratchy video output from my digital camera.
    2. After a year, they will charge me. Then it won't be free...

I know this sounds a bit selfish, but does anyone know of a smiliar service that will host my videos and stream them for me for free?

(I don't want to pay to get my blog hosted so that I can updload my own files, as the traffic does not justify it.)

stephenmunday, Dec 18, 2005 IP
  2. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha. I found the answer myself:

Compress your video into Flash so that it can be easily opened inside the browser:

http://blue-pacific.com/products/turbinevideo/default.htm

Upload your video (Flash file) via your account.

About 24 hours later, this should be visible at archive.org, where you can link to it from your blog.

stephenmunday, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  3. subigo

subigo Peon

Best Answers:
    Try video.google.com if you own the video... free and there is no worries about bandwidth.

subigo, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  4. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks subigo. I actually looked at Google Video, but if I remember rightly, they review your video (which takes a while) and then it may or may not be included in the index. The advantage of ourmedia.org, is that it goes up quickly, does not need reviewing and always gets in, so you can link back to it from your blog very quickly.

To throw another resource in here, www.freevlog.com has a great step-by-step talk through (on video as well, of course) about how to do most of this process. The only difference is that they upload their .mov files directly, whereas I prefer to change them to Flash with the freeware I mentioned in my previous post so that they can be viewed more easily by more people.

stephenmunday, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  5. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used vidilife which is good, but google videos into google video this is much better. Its not hard getting your video's in google video.

Hon Daddy Dad, Dec 23, 2005 IP
  6. Nasruddin

Nasruddin Peon

Best Answers:
    The Best Is Dropshot.com Just Have A Look

Nasruddin, Dec 26, 2005 IP
  7. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    YouTube.com is also cool.

Hon Daddy Dad, Dec 26, 2005 IP