1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Shopping Cart

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by sterlingpixel, Sep 11, 2006.

sterlingpixel, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  2. BenjArriola

BenjArriola Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure if OSCommerce or Zend Cart can help you with this. But they are pretty robust and customizable, free shopping carts.

BenjArriola, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  3. sterlingpixel

sterlingpixel Peon

Best Answers:
    been trying out OSCommerc and it doesn't work the way I like, would have too many products variations everywhere, same with Zend Cart :(

I've even been looking at ones you have to pay for and still can't find anything similar lol

sterlingpixel, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. BenjArriola

BenjArriola Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean. I have been making my own shopping carts because of client customizations. Although OSCommerce and Zend Cart (Which also came from OSCommerce) are very customizable, their admin panel is just so much that when I give it to a client, you end up with the client calling you, or sending you emails all the time on how to use it. So what I think can be done is either any of these:

1. Make a custom-made cart yourself and keep it simple only with the functions you need and charge a more for your labor making it.

or

2. Have someone make a simple cart, add the in the total project price how much you will be spending for outsourcing the cart project.

or

3. Use OSCommerce or Zend Cart and include in the project price your cost of labor in training the client using the shopping cart and have a scheduled training sessions after the site is complete. And if ever after the training the client still has questions, you will have some paid issue tickets to charge afterwards. Or charge by the hour for helping the client out.

BenjArriola, Sep 24, 2006 IP