1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free PR7 link to assist mcdar in SEO thread

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hulkster, Apr 15, 2004.

There is a rather lengthy (but quite interesting) thread in the 'others tools' forum that discusses an ongoing experiment that COMPAR, FOXYWEB, and MCDAR (and others) are doing to try to divine some of Google's "secrets"

So I'm starting this thread here so people are aware of it, and also making an offer to MCDAR (only) for a "free" PR7 link from Alek's Home Page to his "sleeping bag URL" (or one of his choice) for at least a month to assist in this experiment - just let me know what anchor text (and optionally title text!) you want and I'll make it so.

There is only one thing I ask in return (notice those quotes around the "free" ;-) - I'd ask you to read the powder2glass Google Toolbar Compute web page. You don't have to sign up - in fact, I have no way of knowing if you did or did not anyway.

I believe the Folding@Home project will benefit everyone (see blurb from web page below), so I'm putting my money (or page rank in this case! ;-) where my mouth is to endorse this cause.

alek

P.S. We realize this might not be for everyone, but we thought we'd let people know about a good way to put your idle computer power to good use. There is ZERO benefit to us personally ... unless you count a possible breakthrough from your computing that could help find a solution to something such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's Disease. Things that most people would like to never see themselves or their loved ones suffer from like we have seen in each of our families.

hulkster, Apr 15, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    I like your style Alek

I would sign up but can't because of using a Mac

So I wish you well and hope that many others do sign - its a very good cause. :)

Foxy, Apr 15, 2004 IP
  3. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Alek,

Thank you! I will take you up on the offer. I have posted the link to use in the other thread.

I have read your page and would be happy to help in the Folding@Home project. It is ironic, I used to work in a lab doing research on Alzheimer's for the University of Rochester.

I have a computer set up that would be just perfect for the cause.

Thank you for bringing this important research to our attention.

Caryl

mcdar, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  4. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx for taking me up on the offer and supporting this good cause. I have added the link and more details about this can be seen on page 15 of the original thread.

alek

P.S. Foxyweb: I'm pretty sure that Folding@Home is runnable on a MAC, although not as quick and easy as using the Google Toolbar on Windoze. In fact, my friend Jon is hoping to look into this if he gets access to one and do a writeup, so maybe down the road our web page will have a How-to for MAC's similar to my comments on wrangling Linux.

hulkster, Apr 16, 2004 IP
  5. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    That's cool - look forward to the day :)

Foxy, Apr 18, 2004 IP
  6. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    The PR7 www.komar.org link has now been up for a month as I promised I would do on page 15 of the monster thread - was added at 0645 MDT on April 16th, 2004 and it was spider'ed by Google that night.

However, I am willing to leave this up through the next Back Link update so help in the sleeping bags experiment. Thanx folks for reading about (and considering using) how you can use your Google Toolbar to help find cures for diseases. Note that the powder2glass team now ranks in the top-40 in Team Google! ;-)

alek

hulkster, May 17, 2004 IP
  7. DisneyGeek

DisneyGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you let me in on the "secrets"?

DisneyGeek, May 12, 2008 IP
  8. cannyinfotech

cannyinfotech Guest

Best Answers:
    they have achieved PR5 by Blog rolling concept.if you pay to many sites and doing blog rolling you will get it

cannyinfotech, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. imricky

imricky Peon

Best Answers:
    good offer! Can you explain it more?

imricky, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  10. joshvelco

joshvelco Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also using F@H and have set up a page on my site advertising it.

joshvelco, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  11. sopheap

sopheap Peon

Best Answers:
    i think using blogroll will give us high advantage esp backlink. we just need to make about 10 value comments then our comment will be appear in the blogroll and appear in all the pages of the site. That would be the trick for someone to buildbacklink but it last short.

sopheap, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  12. Anurag cssoft

Anurag cssoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Seo plays an important role to promote business. many people earn money online from home. If you want to invest money then get some helpful research ideas.

Anurag cssoft, Jul 6, 2012 IP