1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free MS SQL gui client?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by jimrthy, Dec 8, 2005.

I'm really a linux guy, but I have a lead on an asp job that's just too good to pass up. So I rebooted into windows this morning (icck), installed a heap load of patches and the latest (free) versions of asp.net and MS SQL server and started fiddling around with them.

I've been working on this for about 10 hours just now, so I might have just been stupid when googling. Is there anything similar to phpMyAdmin for MS SQL? I can work with the command line, but I don't particularly enjoy it. What do people here recommend?

TIA,
    James

jimrthy, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  2. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    I finally found the tool in visual studio. What a stupid question.

Ah, well. I've never much liked cramming all functionality into one single tool.

jimrthy, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  3. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    visual studio? just use the one that ships with ms sqlserver called "enterprise manager". "query manager" also ships with ms sqlserver.

daboss, Dec 17, 2005 IP
  4. jimrthy

jimrthy Guest

Best Answers:
    As far as I can tell, they integrated the query manager into their "Management Studio." Then integrated that into Visual Studio.

Ack And customers actually like MS products because they're easy to use?!

jimrthy, Dec 23, 2005 IP