1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Joomla 2.5 social extensions - my real experience

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by ngoletam, Aug 22, 2012.

I've tested many Joomla 2.5 extensions and in this article, I am going to tell you about some of the best free social extensions that you need. All below links are back to Official Joomla extension directory, no affiliate links. Hope you will love this list.

1. Stalker
    I can show up to 52 social media channels to my visitors: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+, just by entering my user ID for each channel. I can also add more networks or customize my icons to fit my template.

2. RokComments
    RokComments can be set up to use all the most popular comment platforms now: IntenseDebate, Disqus, Facebook, etc. You can change the platforms whenever you want without new extension installations as well as choose the menus sections or categories to display in the comment area.

3. Nice Social bookmark
    A sharing tool which puts a series of sharing buttons, with the number of shares displayed alongside, put at the end of your articles.

4. ITPFacebookLikeBox
    It has many useful functions: you can rend your code in an iframe and control your box's appearance (dimension, colour, stream, header, language, etc.) with just a few clicks.

5. Twitter Show
    show your Twitter profile with 8 parameters for dimensions, appearance, number of tweets, etc. In my opinion, Twitter Show supports more functionality compared to other Joomla 2.5 extensions.

ngoletam, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  2. elitestar47

elitestar47 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience, I will also try these on my site. :)

Thanks,
    Best Regards,
    Team - Elite.

elitestar47, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  3. johans

johans Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice information..

johans, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  4. ngoletam

ngoletam Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So happy to know that my topic is helpful for you :D If you have some great extensions, please share here. I will appreciate much.

ngoletam, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  5. joomseller09

joomseller09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding free Joomla social extensions, I would like to contribute to your list, too (all these free extensions are listed on JED):

1. ZJ Facebook SDK Connect

This is a plugin for you to use XFBML method to show facebook like, facebook comments, .... on your site by XFBML tag without an iframe.

2. ZJ Facebook Fanbox

This extension enables users to like your Facebook Page and view its stream directly from your website. Users can how many people like the page (+ their friends), read recent posts from Facebook & Like page.

3. JS Plugin Facebook Comments

This plugin enables your users to comment on your site's content — whether it's for a web page, article, photo, or other piece of content. Then the user can share the comment on Facebook on their Wall and in their friends' streams.

Hope these extensions are useful for anyone who is in need :)

joomseller09, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  6. Bes

Bes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much. ;)

Bes, Sep 18, 2012 IP
  7. vivian09

vivian09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I should also list free JUX Feedback extension here (Joomla extension, of course): joomlaux.com/products/jux-feedback.html

This is a free tool to help site's owner engage with site's members:

;)

vivian09, Sep 20, 2012 IP