1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free iPod - Help me Help You

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Such Great Heights, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry I'm confused at what the point of this post is?
    I'm not trying to be rude or say your wrong, just wondering what the point is.

Are you just saying that iPods are expensive so they make enough profit? That's it? :confused:

Such Great Heights, Aug 21, 2004 IP
  2. jrc

jrc Guest

Best Answers:
    this is not a scam at all

jrc, Aug 31, 2004 IP
  3. Nickker22

Nickker22 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is true, freeipods.com IS NOT a scam.. They are a legit marketing company that different companies invest in. Each customer that freeipods pulls into one of the services (AOL, Ebay, ancestor.com,etc...) freeipods gets $90. Thats why you need to pull in 5 other friends, it basically equals the price of an ipod, and they profit from the remainder. I also bet they bank on people who don't actualy get 5 refers and just give up, so they don't get an ipod and they keep the money.

So yeah, i just read about this stuff tonight, my brother told me about it and he actualy has an ipod from this website. Only thing that is hard is to get other people to join. So does anybody want to join up? we should start up a system , basically a first come first serve, for people who tried getting friends into this and maybe needs one or two more refers.

This is legit, i just read an article in wired magazine talking about it. seems pretty cool

email me if you are interested

Nickker22, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  4. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I'm interested if it's real. Such Great Heights do you have an iPod yet?

TwisterMc, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  5. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have one yet, but I've gotten 10 people to sign up under me, but none have completed there offer. I only need 5 to complete an offer.

Check my free iPod page to see my status, updated every 30 mins. I use I C Free Pod as my tool of choice. It updates and alerts me (via system tray icon) when I get a new referral, or any update. Drakier is the guy that wrote the application and he is making the tool better everyday. Plus you can see his status as "Sent to Vendor, Waiting on Product" which means ecost.com is waiting to get them back in stock. He has already had 5 referrals complete their offer and Gratis (the company doing all this) has approved his free iPod status.

Ancestry.com is the easiest offer. I waited until it was available and signed up via web and cancelled in about an hour. Within 5 minutes of me signing up with Ancestry.com through the freeipods.com site I was shown as approved and my offer was then completed. Very easy. Zero Cost to me, except time.

One thing to note about Ancestry.com is you get a 14 day free trial and if you don't cancel within the 14 days their subscription is $200. So cancel before the 14 days or you will become intimate with Ancestry.com. :p

If you sign up under me ... click on referral link from the page I made and be the first to complete an offer under me I will change all the referral links to yours on my free iPod page once I get my 5 completed under me. Sound fair? This way the page can still serve a purpose.
    I'll even throw in a GMail invite for you to sign up with if you are affraid of spam. ;)

Just let me know, and you better hurry before everyone is all ready signed up. :D

Such Great Heights, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  6. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:
    freeipods.com is now offering the HP iPod (20GB) as one of the choices.
    I imagine that the HP iPod will be more readily available when they start shipping (Sept 17th I believe)

Plus there is the whole Printable Tattoos you can get for your iPod from HP as well.

I updated my site with pics of these tattoos and the easiest way to complete your offer from freeipods.com to qualify for your free iPod.

Check out my Free HP iPod page. :D

Such Great Heights, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  7. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Printable Tattoos? Cool!

TwisterMc, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  8. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep check out the Printable Tattoos they "provide." :cool:

Such Great Heights, Sep 10, 2004 IP
  9. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Those are very cool. I think they were someone else's idea, and HP is just marking/partnering.

TwisterMc, Sep 10, 2004 IP
  10. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't doubt it was someone elses idea and HP just rode with it.
    In fact I wouldn't be surprised if and when some other company besides HP comes out with the template you use to print your own ipod tattoo. Whoever can make one cheaper and just as good as HP will get a good boost in sales quite soon. ;)

Such Great Heights, Sep 10, 2004 IP
  11. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I've seen the tattoos before. Run them though your printer and put them on your iPod. Been around for a year or two. ;)

TwisterMc, Sep 10, 2004 IP
  12. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    OK so just to give an update:

My co-worker and programmer of ICFreePod will be recieveing his Free HP iPod tomorrow. If you click on the link to ICFreePod and scroll to where his little status box is on the left, you can see it says "Shipped," which means he has recieved his tracking number and it's on it's way from NJ to here in CA.
    All he did is get 5 people to sign up using his referral URL and complete an offer.

I have gotten 19 people under me to sign up, but none have completed an offer.
    See my Free iPod Page and see the live self updating status box in the top left corner.
    All I've done is create this page and that's how I've gotten 19 people to sign up under me. Well 2 of them are friends. And it's been what a month?

I am still offering to change my referral links on the page I made to the first person to sign up under me and complete an offer. Then when they get their 5 signups to complete offers I will change it to the next person who completed an offer under me.

Ancenstry.com is the easiest offer to complete, and costs nothing, plus updates your account instantly. It was easy to cancel, and make sure you do before the 14 day trial is up because they will charge you $200 for their yearly subscription. :eek:

Such Great Heights, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  13. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dear friend
    I somehow dont trust these offers at all. Even you complete the offer and sign up for something (I dont think being a non-paying member of AOL or netflix works ... you need to go beyond the free membership period .. ), most of them have these clauses ... and even if they send you something they "substitute" with a similar product ... so for me a substitute for a SONY DVD player at $100 was a crappy dvd player which is sold for $25.

Anyway , best of luck ! :)

nriweb, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  14. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the thing:

You give them your address (to recieve your free gift to) email address, and "complete" one offer, plus agree to their terms and conditions.

They can and will send you spam to the email you signed up with. So create an email address just for this. Or use your spam email account. Everyone has Gmail invites, so create something like free.gifts(at)gmail.com and have everything sent there.

Signing up for AOL is free. But they try and give you more free months when you cancel, plus ask survey questions when you cancel. This way they at least get something out of it. Plus the branding of their name. Before you sign up for an offer they tell you what is needed for freeipods.com to consider you having "completed" that offer. i.e. the Blockbuster offer requires you to pay for one month past the free trial days. But they say this in plain site. very understood.
    Ancestry.com is easy and simple, but when you sign up they get your info. Or when you do a search or fill out their profile thingy. They get your info and add it to their database for other Ancestry.com users to search.

They all get something out of it, and you have to understand this. So if you don't want to be spammed ::cough:: marketed to, then use different information. Read the instructions, and if you want to give your real info. Go for it.

I'm not saying this is all completely safe, but they do actually give out free iPods.

See my sign link for free ipods for more info.

Such Great Heights, Sep 24, 2004 IP
  15. thedude

thedude Guest

Best Answers:
    I really don't feel that it is worth it. Why not save up money? Instead of buying that 7up or coffee every morning, but the few dollars from that into an account or something to that effect.

Pretty soon you'll have a nice sum and will be able to buy an iPod. It's really that simple!

thedude, Sep 27, 2004 IP
  16. Drakier

Drakier Peon

Best Answers:
    It was worth it for me because it was free and only took really minutes out of my life to do. I took the time to sign up on their site. I took the time to complete an offer and call AOL to cancel (about 30 minutes total by now). Then I posted my link on my site and waited for people (about 5-10 more minutes).

The rest of the time was mostly spent waiting for people to complete offers. Unfortunately, it seems that the ratio is about 1:9. For every one person you can get to complete an offer, there are about 9 people who won't. my ratio was closer to 1:5. My little brother's was 1:10. But honestly, I wouldn't say that time I spent was worth the $300 in iPod I received. I'd say it was a fairly good deal.

Drakier, Oct 11, 2004 IP
  17. etmosfire

etmosfire Peon

Best Answers:
    i bought an ipod prior to a long vacation in Bolivia. The ipod has managed to malfunction, and because of not having my documentation with me, i am unable to load itunes on to any computers. Does anybody have any idea what i can do? The main problem i am having with the ipod is that many of the files are corrupted and once the ipod tries to play a corrupted file it crashes for about an hour, works overtime and flattens the battery. I'm going on a 7 hour bus journey to Chile this saturday. I would dearly appreciate any assistance should somone know what i can do. Thanks ya'll, yours hopefully
    Etmosfire

etmosfire, Oct 28, 2004 IP
  18. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

I'm sorry I started this thread. :(
    It just attracts the people who want free stuff.
    I only wanted to attract the people at DP who want a free ipod.

So you can delete it if you think it will save you the trouble later on.
    --------
    Update on my status ...
    Thanks to some of Shawn's free tools and a little know-how by me I've been able to get good ranking for my Free iPod page and the new Free Nintendo DS page.

Thus giving me 100+ referrals for the free ipod offer and, so far, about 40 referrals under me for the free gaming system. I only need 1 more referral (out of the 100) to complete an offer so I can get a free iPod and 4 (out of the 40 so far) to get a free nintendo ds, or xbox/ps2/gamecube if I wanted.

Would anyone be interested in having these pages after I'm done "using" them?

They rank well in both yahoo and google ... see "free ipod" in yahoo and free nintendo ds in google, or free ipod guide in google. so far this year I've gotten about 250 visits to each page, for a total of 500 visits total and plenty of referrals from those visitors. That's about 60+ a day. Not bad with the little work put into it.

well just let me know i guess, and when I'm done getting my free ipod and nintendo ds i can give you the page, and do a redirect on my server to yours.

oh and the Mystatus box in the upper left of the page is created by the program ICFREEPOD that sits in your taskbar and updates a PHP or ASP page on your server so you always know how many referrals you got. Plus you can show off to others.

Big thanks to Shawn for his free tools and forum. :D
    If anyone has any questions, just PM me.

Such Great Heights, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  19. Drakier

Drakier Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. I don't get why people who have read the thread STILL post their referral links.. it would go to say that they possibly didn't read the whole thread. I would have figured its mostly common knowledge that you don't post referral links to messageboards, unless you're VERY familiar with the forum, and very possibly a "regular".. even then, on most forums, it is still frowned upon.

*shrug* as someone I know says... "what do you want for nothing? a rubber biscuit?"

Drakier, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  20. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The free ipod think is like the free domain name thing that was going on they are all scams.

mddv, Jan 5, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.