1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

free hosting, blogs, and link popularity

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by disgust, Jun 29, 2004.

we recently moved to a dedicated host, so this was something I've been sort of considering:

giving free webspace for our users (mainly forum-goers) that want to set up a blog. they can be about whatever they want; the only restriction we'd put on them would be that they'd need to link back to us from each page.

would this be okay in the eyes of google and other SEs?

disgust, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't see anything terribly wrong with it... "Hosted By xxxxx" for example.

digitalpoint, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  3. dsr771

dsr771 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds cool. Would the blog space be under your same domain name or separate domains?

Under your domain, it would just be additional content on your site, so google would be very happy.

dsr771, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd offer either a subdomain on our domain or their own domain if they want to pay.

google should treat a subdomain as an actual different site- although it's possible that there may be some sort of dampening just from the fact that they're all coming from the same IP.

disgust, Jun 30, 2004 IP