1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Forum Hosting??? Which is best???

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by yousellstuff1, Nov 19, 2008.

I have a couple of ideas that i want to try out but i learned from my first forum, that i dont want to put all of my money in it. This is going to be a free time kind of thing.

What is the best free hosting company that can host a forum

basically i just need mysql and php

p.s. I know they are not reliable or anything but i am in no place to spend any money, these are just ideas i want to try. If they work, then i will get true hosting

yousellstuff1, Nov 19, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, none!

you can get real hosting for as little as $25 a year and that is not all that much, and well worth it in many cases as there are far less risks involved. I think it's better to find out what cheap hosting it worth paying for (as many of the cheaper ones are as reliable as the free ones).

But enough of that I guess, as it's not the answer you are looking for. I can not give you the name of any free hosts, I've never used one... though when you do find one make sure you have server access or at least downloadable backups. I have a friend on a free host, and when he went to upgrade to a better server he found out he had no means of transferring the data over... and that really sucks.

Qryztufre, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  3. yousellstuff1

yousellstuff1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i will make sure, but i use shared and personal hosting for my other websites, this is just going to be free time project and i am putting no more money into it.

yousellstuff1, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  4. yousellstuff1

yousellstuff1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so are there any free host?

yousellstuff1, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  5. jhsutton

jhsutton Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a couple of small (free) forums at http://netboards.org/ - you are very limited to what you can do though - you cannot edit any of the files and netboards have their own adsense ads on your forum.

However, I have not had any problems with any of the forums there

jhsutton, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  6. MechPoint

MechPoint Banned

Best Answers:
    Forumotion.com would be the best I've used, IMO.

MechPoint, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  7. zeromaster

zeromaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind most free forum places will no give you access the the database if you later decide to change the forum over to a non free one youll have to start it all over from scratch

zeromaster, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  8. GHHShirley

GHHShirley Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you may want to check out "http://www.lefora.com/", free forum hosting by Lefora. They have all kinds of bells and whistles over there, and you can import your content from your present forum if you wish, and visa-versa. I just signed up for a forum with them and I am very impressed with all their features, most of which are not available on pay forums, nevermind free ones. My users can embed videos right into their posts, I can add RSS feeds to display on other sites, headlines on my forum are automatic, blog included, etc.. I was able to choose one of several themes (templates) and completely customize my forum with my own uploaded headermast and choice of colors, sidebar additions, and widgets. There is too much to list. Their servers are reliable and the feedback from forum owners and users alike is amazingly enthusiastic. The support is top-notch. They truly do offer the forum of tomorrow/ I have never seen anything like it offered anywhere and believe me I have looked! Its worth a look for sure.:)

GHHShirley, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  9. abovesense

abovesense Peon

Best Answers:
    Man listen,

Don't waste your time, learn the right way.

Nothing comes Free, This is reality.

buy a host and enjoy an learn

abovesense, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  10. divyanshu.tomar

divyanshu.tomar Banned

Best Answers:
    i have 07x.net
    they have good service and VistaPanel

divyanshu.tomar, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  11. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Register at vgchat, you get 300 megs of space & 10 GB's bandwith, we have a few installer scripts with mybb, smf & phpbb so take your pick. :D

http://vgchat.info

scylla, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  12. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i prefer Forumotion.com. out of all of the boards i've ever registered at (around 50 or so now i think, i lost count) i've only ever joined 2 proboards forums. the first one was utter crap, and i stopped going there after a few weeks. i only joined the second one last week, cos the original board, which was on IPB, was hacked, so the new one is temporary.

Guisbar, Feb 25, 2009 IP
  13. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    Forumotion for sure

suganindia, Feb 26, 2009 IP