1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Ecommerce script?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by guitarpaul, Jan 8, 2007.

Does anyone know of a good ecommerce script that is compatible with flat files? I want to make a store, and input the products with the file. Any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out here....

guitarpaul, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  2. guitarpaul

guitarpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    you know what, i just found oscommerce, but I can't figure out how to use it with a flat file. Any way to do this?

3. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you check out their contributions?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions

I never heard of flat files until you mentioned them now. I got the definition by searching on Google.

A flat file is a file containing records, generally one record per line. Fields may simply have a fixed width with padding, or delimited by whitespace or tabs or commas (CSV) or other characters. Extra formatting may be needed to avoid delimiter collision. There are no structural relationships. The data are "flat" as in a sheet of paper, in contrast to more complex models such as a relational database.

Interesting....

Blonde Jon, Jan 8, 2007 IP
    guitarpaul likes this.
  4. guitarpaul

guitarpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    awesome. thanks, I have upped your rep. Is there a way to have it go straight to checkout, or do they have to add it to their cart?

5. guitarpaul

guitarpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Or I guess what I'm asking is: is there a way for me to have a lot of seperate pages, each with one product. Then when someone wants to buy that product, they go directly to the checkout page for that? Besides doing this all by hand :)

6. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'm not for sure if I'm following your question. PM me what you are trying to do and I'll see if I can help you out.

Blonde Jon, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  7. gderoo

gderoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I see: instead of trying oscommerce try creloaded instead. It seems no one in this forum ever heard about creloaded yet.
    next question what is creloaded?
    it is osCommerce with a massive amount of contributions preinstalled.
    consider it. It has already got the feature you want in it. The standard version is free just like osCommerce MS2
    Where can I find it: http://www.creloaded.com/Shopping_Carts/c30/p53/CRE_Loaded_6.2_Standard/product_info.html

gderoo, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  8. marouane az

marouane az Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks

marouane az, May 9, 2020 IP