1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free comment script

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Bisje, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Esolution

Esolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    it very difficult to find free commenting script all are paid software

Esolution, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  2. LiveAlert

LiveAlert Peon

Best Answers:
    I took the advice of your posts after reading many and went with the Old Guys script from the DL link you provided. Removed the footer tags you suggested. Got it all installed real nice. I am having the devil of a time getting it to display now on my html pages. I added this to the .htaccess; AddType application/x-httpd-php .html (wow i have a highlight now) i put this; <?php include 'path/head-inc.php'; ?> after the java then with this after it; <?php
    // insert these only if, for this page, you want to override the defaults $tb_closed = 'Y'; // 'Y' means no more comments can be entered for this page // empty or absent means comments are open $tb_language = 'french'; // overrides default language // these override the normal templates $tb_comments_display_tpl = '/talkback/filename.php'; $tb_comments_form_tpl = '/talkback/filename.php'; $tb_comments_preview_tpl = '/talkback/filename.php'; $tb_comments_reply_tpl = '/talkback/filename.php'; // this is used if captcha is enabled, otherwise it is ignored // if absent, theme defaults to 'custom' // choices are: custom, white, red, clean, blackglass $tb_captcha_theme = 'white'; include 'relative path/head-inc.php'; At the bottom of the page in the head tag i put: <?php require 'path/comments.php'; ?> and <?php require 'http://yoursite.com/talkback/comments.php'; ?> and <?php include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/talkback/comments.php'; ?>I have nothing appearing on the page anywhere. I have php enabled of course. What am I missing, please tell me. I remember this old feeling and am glad it's an old one :)Thanks in advance an happy holidays!

LiveAlert, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  3. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    granthelp, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. andy.flintoff5

andy.flintoff5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this script is down since August or so. No response from their support and all comments disappeared from websites running it.

andy.flintoff5, Dec 26, 2015 IP