1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free blogging - Free Search Engine Friendly blog hosting

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by vinyl, Jul 26, 2004.

Guys,

I decided to build free blog hosting service which allows everybody to get online publishing platform (blog) completly free of ANY charge. (when I say free, I really mean that! There are NO hidden costs, banners, popups, affiliates and such shitty things that often go with so-called free hosts, as we all know)

I run it on Dual Xeon 2.8GHz machine with 2GBs of RAM memory using pLog Open Source script which has numerous plugins & templates support (currently only default template is available, but I know that people like to change visual appearance so I will put many new templates in the system in the future) and which runs using powerfull Smarty PHP templates (that guarantees very fast browser execution).

What I need in order to imrove this service are your comments & suggestions.

Note that this is not ordinary blog – this one has one very valuable feature – its completly Search Engine Friendly which, with the strong linking campaign that should follow it, guarantees excellent search engine ranking possition!

So its URLs are highly optimized, consisting of relevant article keywords, as you may practically see.

Project started today and I hope there are some of you who really might be interesting in getting their own SEO Friendly Blog platform to publish stuff on it. Id like to ask all of to check SEO Blog Hosting and comment on its features, design, administration etc.

In order for you to check relevant stuff, Ill give you direct links –

Blog Hosting Index page
    Blog hosting FAQ page (PLEASE let me know what other questions/answers I should publish at FAQ page by your opinion)
    Free Blog Hosting Registration Page
    Free Blog Administration Page (use username demo & password: demo to login – you have full admin priviledge over DEMO Blog with that account).

I am waiting for your comments, bug reports and suggested updates. Also, please let me know if you find any typo site-wide, English is not my native and chances for typos are large. And I hate typos :]

Thank you for your time,
    Mike

vinyl, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  2. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Your site looks bad in Safari and not that great in FireFox. What is see in Safari is the log in area on the left, on top of stuff and in both browsers the top menu is half on the dark blue half on the light grey. Not easy to read. ;) I'll test it out though.

TwisterMc, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Have the same problem [Safari] - the blog won't support Safari Mozilla <1.3 javascript problem and although able to register not able to blog

Foxy, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  4. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
  5. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    It is safari safe!! Just turn off the WYSIWYG Editor. Also... what makes this blog better than say blogger.com? How is it SEOed better?

6. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, WYSIWYG edition is only available for Internet Explorer 5.5 or higer and Mozilla 1.3b or higher. You can turn it of via "Blog & User Settings", under the "Enable WYSIWYG edition" checkbox. I will sort that out thru automatical check soon.

Twister, you are using wrong linking way and missing SE stuff - check out http://www.seo-blog.org/1_blog_host...h_engine_friendly_your_blogs_url_will_be.html (cant be larger than this, LOL! Keywords are included in URL so you shouldnt make entries like I did [too large ones] and choose relevant keyword both for your blog name & blog entry titles - with them you can get perfect SEO Friendly URL)

Mike

vinyl, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  7. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Holy crap thats long. I'll go edit a few now and see if it helps. ..... so long is good?

8. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As for article URL, its not, its too long. but http://www.seo-blog.org/1_blog_hosting_news/ is perfect as domain base for "blog hosting news" related stuff. What I want to say is that its your responsability to make your URLs short and effective by choosing right username or blog name (first part of url) and appropriate blog entry titles (second part). I dont want to force title cut, so whole message title is displayed as HTML page - if you speak too much in title, you will get too large URL for it. But even that is MUCH more SE Friendly than index.php?blog_id=x&user=y&articleid=z combination.

As pure SE-Friendly page wont send you any SE traffic, decide what is(are) your targetted keyword(s), make blog name using it(them) and get some external links pointing to the URL you can form based on second, suggested way of forming blogs URL. Only after that you will see true power of it - although I do have Blog Index which will give you one link needed to get all your articles crawled, that one link is not enough for any better SERP. I dont know how much you are interested in all this, but you must be aware that link support is necessary in order to boost your blogs ranking, which is the fact, no matter how optimized pages are.

M.

vinyl, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  9. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Wow. Too much to think about right now. ;) I'll just play and have fun and see what happens. Oh and I think I made my titles to long now. OOps. :D

10. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, everythings in the game :]

vinyl, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  11. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    do you realize that when trying to go to almost any page that isn't a blog the clickanalizer.com thing stalls the entire website. Thus taking over 60 seconds to load the site (it times out) and makes you look really bad!

TwisterMc, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  12. vinyl

vinyl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ill answer you after almost one month - but not just because of your statement then because I want to announce that I added 5 new templates which you can use instead of default, grey one. Also, I added small JavaScipt above commenting area in all blog templates which is used to do a bit of basic HTML formatting of your comments - I need comments from Safari/Firefox users (especially Safari ones, because I doubt that that JS will work 100% in it) - check this entry for example.

Also, if anybody of you guys wanna support this free blog community, you can put simple text link on your websites:

<a href="http://www.seo-blog.org">Free blog</a>
    Code (markup):
    or forum signatures:

[url=http://www.seo-blog.org]Free blog[/url]
    PHP:
    or anywhere else where you can/want.

Sole purpose of this project is to devastate sites who offer blog for cash, or even worse, offer free blog hosting with annoying popups or popunders.

At the end, Twister, that part of code is very usefull for tracking SEO stuff BUT, as you noticed, it often caused my index page to load slower so thats why I removed it. Unfortunatelly, I lost usefull stats that I got from it, but who cares ;]

vinyl, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  13. astrovineet

astrovineet Active Member

Best Answers:
    please suggest me ways to promote my Free Personalised Astrology Readings, Free Psychics Readings, Free Personalised Dream Analysis, Free Personalised Numerology, Free Personalised Tarot Readings, Free Personalised Face and Palm Readings, Free Personalised Writing Analysis site.

My site is having a very low traffic of about 200-500 a day.

The pR is 6.

Please guide and oblige.

Thanks and Regards

Vineet Jain
    Askastro.com

astrovineet, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  14. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Vineet, this is a 2 years old thread you are posting to.

onedollar, Mar 12, 2006 IP
  15. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the site is down

Vrindavan, Mar 16, 2006 IP