1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free Adsense Placement, Color Reviews

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by joey112, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mojave

Mojave Peon

Best Answers:
    Mojave, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  2. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    3 add units at any one time. Without referrals. Best going 2 add and 1 link. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  3. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh Banned

Best Answers:
    You mean i cant place 3 ad inits and referral codes togeter in a page????

Lord_Daksh, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  4. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Well you can have 3 add units, without referrals. And your allowed another 2 referrals on top of that i think. So 3 add units and 2 referral units, in total 5 units. Im pretty sure thats correct, if its not then someone have there say. Hope this helps. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  5. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats well blended. Although you only have 2 units. So i would put the same add another add unit, the same as the one you have down the bottom, up the top. And i would leave a firefox referral add on the top right hand corner. You have blended it well so this positioning should help. Give it a 7 day trial period and then you should be satisfied or i will advise on a new 7 day trial positioning. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  6. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really need help.

My site - www.teenhut.net

Please help...My earnings have suddenly dropped :(

*Mayank*, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  7. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Im not to sure whether adsense adds have the same blue that you have used in the headings "latest triathlon news" and "hot topics". If they do make sure the adsense add headings are the same blue as the standard heading colors throughout the page because currently they are not.

I can see a small green add unit down the bottom. I presume you are experimenting. Well i will be brutally honest lol, your probably better changing that immediately to the same color blue as your headings.

So as far as i can see your positioning looks fine. Its just your color blending, find the same blue color for all standard and add headings, and you should be fine. Like your site. Keep up the good work. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  8. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    With the template you have its going to be difficult because there are numerous colors at the top, although im confident i can help you. The add unit you have is a totally different blue to the sub forum headings which seem, a color between a blue and a green. Just use that color as your add headings color. This should make the adds look less like adds and more like content as part of the page. Should work a treat. Also with forums i have seen link units as being successful. Although i think we should try this last. I think you should implement 2 more add units on top of the 1 that is already there. Being 1 horizontal leaderboard at the top of the forum and another horizontal leaderboard at the bottom of the forum. Should work well.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  9. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks bro,but besides adsense,what other program should i prefer???

10. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends. I would second go bidvertiser. And third adbrite. Have a look at my blog in my sig. I discuss adsense or bidvertiser niches in it, and all that kind of thing. 7 day trial period between the two should give you your answer.

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  11. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have placed 2 ad units already which is 2 rectangles below navigation bar., I am allowed to have only 1 more I think.

Right now I use the only text ads in 1st rectangle and image ads at 2nd rectangle.

1 horizontal leaderboard above navigation bar and below navigation bar? or below the forums and above the forums?

Members tend to ignore below forums as they dont check :confused:

Sorry I am still a newbie to adsense or placements.

*Mayank*, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  12. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    No worries. I couldn't see them, so sorry, possibly because im not a member of the forum or that my internet is extremely slow because i have exceeded my usage this month :D .

What im talking about is pretty much similar to this forum i came across a few days ago when i was studying various sites. www.eastsideboxing.com/forum . They don't have the link unit adds last time i checked. But i think these horizontal leaderboard would work well (had one at top and bottom of the page).

As for members ignoring them. It depends. If your scared about that then remove the horizontal add unit from the bottom and put a small add unit in the middle of posts. But it has to be blended well or its a serious turn off. :)

joey112, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  13. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I will try that when I return from college in evening. Right now had 2 free periods, so came back home :D

But blending for me is so tough, too many colours on my forum skin :(.... I cant even find a good skin to use for forums.

Any idea how to know what colours are used at navigation bar or at posts? How to check that? I tried via View Source but there were too many colour codes :(

*Mayank*, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  14. Lord_Daksh

Lord_Daksh Banned

Best Answers:
    Ohh howw to add ad codes in that vacant space which i asked with my screenshot???
    There is a long way gap...
    I want to fill it totally with bidvertiser Skyscrapers...

15. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Not to sure what you mean mate. Sorry. Please be more specific. Maybe just backspace the blank gap, should get rid of it. ?

joey112, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  16. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Im the same as you with forums. I got a graphic designer and programmer to do my entire forum. They can be very messy with adsense. View Source is good but it takes a long time. Can anyone one else help with this question here would be appreciated.

Choose a simply, minimal color forum skin. This should make life a lot more easier. :)

joey112, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  17. abhi2007

abhi2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot...really appreciate your effort!!

abhi2007, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  18. joey112

joey112 Guest

Best Answers:
    Please people. I have a few more days free. I can help you all you want with adsense positioning, color etc etc. If you want more detail from previous posts than please ask. I will only be happy to do so. :)

joey112, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  19. Kaizoku

Kaizoku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I've done what you've told me and I am seeing results already! My clicks have almost doubled recently, thank you very much, it's very appreciated.

www.anime-ds.com

Kaizoku, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  20. hermione_dies

hermione_dies Peon

Best Answers:
    Please review my site :)

http://cod4boards.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=1913 (Adsense only shows up in threads)

I still have 1 ad left for thread pages, but I put it at the top of the pages (under the banner) and people stopped registering (I guess it distracted from the registration notice), another space that you think would be good without being obtrusive would be really helpful

hermione_dies, Dec 6, 2007 IP