1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fraud or not ? Please give me your opinion

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Rylandes, Jan 17, 2011.

Hi folks,

I have been offered to do a simple 150 product review for $10 per article. I don't have problem doing that, in fact the offer is satisfactory. What I don't understand is the "we are going to escrow $10 + $5 (cost of product) and you are going to buy the product from your paypal account and cancel the subscription the details of which would be provided on how to do that." part.

I am not very knowledgeable about paypal system, in the past I heard about one of my friend experience where he got scammed and not receive payment because of certain reason, said he must do something in the payment process. Is it the same like the offer I got ?

I need your advice as senior freelance writer.
    Thanks, hope I can get answer from you soon.

Rylandes, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, anyone asking a writer to review a product should be providing access to that product. This just sounds like a clever way to increase sales and get low cost testimonials and marketing advice.

$10 for 150 words isn't what I would classify as "way above market price" though many in the BST areas would jump through hoops for that.

My advice is to trust your gut instincts which appear to be telling you that this is a scam.

YMC, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  3. lucccy

lucccy Guest

Best Answers:
    I would only agree if they sent money first!

Trust your instincts, thats why i never got scammed ;)

cu

lucccy, Jan 17, 2011 IP