1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

France and Canada confronting violent Islamic terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by earlpearl, Jan 12, 2013.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

What a bunch of BS. Being a soldier is an honorable job which means you are ready to make sacrifices to defend your country. Being a soldier doesn´t give you the right to torture, rape or kill civilians. I am sure you have never served, otherwise you would know any honorable officer hates these people even more than civilian authorities because they are disgrace to everyone in uniform.
    As a soldier you signup to defend your country and its national interests, you don´t signup to be a mercenary serving couple of corporations because if that was what you wanted to do, you could have joined one of the mercenary companies and earn a lot more. Unfortunately companies have decided that it is much cheaper to use the army instead of actual mercenaries to achieve their goals and that is the reason they need to destroy the sense of moral, decency and honor in G.I. Joe to fit their goals.

gworld, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow you thought my post promoted the rape and torture of civilians. Again problems with reading comprehension. How unexpected:rolleyes:. Read it again? Let me try using smaller words.

Bad things happen in war. Civilians die, prisoners get abused. Sometimes from following orders (Bombing of Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki), sometimes in disobeying of orders (Abu Graib, Mai Lai massacre). IMO, war by its very nature is an immoral but sometimes necessary business, but even more so when you are drafting young men and women into a war in which you are unwilling to attack the enemy where they live. Not sure why Kennedy and LBJ hated our young American boys so much.

Presenting the idea to congress that your men and women in uniform are all a bunch of terrorists, on the other hand, is basically treason. If John Kerry committed or witnessed war crimes, he should turn himself in. He has since changed his story about being present at a meeting where the anti-war group that produced his congressional testimony discussed killing sitting US Senators.

Obamanation, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I didn´t THINK that you promote rape, torture and killing of civilians, you do. You can pay lip service to moral and decency but then you turn around and say these things happens in war and we should tolerate it because it gives us security against what even today´s boogeyman is.
    War is not a Carte blanche for doing anything you want and real soldiers know that. During my time, I worked with many great men and officers in U.S. Air force that would not in thousand year except this type of actions. Unfortunately during the Bush and sick bastards in his government, they not only destroyed the moral fiber of the Armed forces but the moral fiber of the whole country which looks at killing, rape and torture of civilians as normal and part of waging war.

gworld, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Now we are getting somewhere. Your problem is you don't understand the difference between the word promote, and the word acknowledge. I acknowledge these things happen in a war zone, and those responsible are prosecuted. Your brain translates that as "promote".

Considering your love of the fantasy works of Karl Marx, perhaps you are a believer in war without civilian casualties. Not sure what to say about that. Educate yourself?

Whew. You kicked that Straw man's ass.

Wait a minute. You are breaking from John Kerry now. According to Kerry, it was Kennedy and LBJ who destroyed the moral fiber of America as US troops made rape and torture of civilians a standard practice.

Now you are saying that never happened until Bush? Jesus man. You liberals need to organize your lies. Let me help you out. Rape and torture of civilians were never a standard practice of the US military men, under Bush, Kennedy, LBJ, or Nixon. The first part of your quote above acknowledges the truth of that.

5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Canadian Solider [​IMG]

Mia, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) is one of the most recognized uniforms and images in the world and still this idiot thinks it is Canadian Army. No wonder so many people assume that Americans are morons, this kind of posting are the cause of it.

gworld, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You don´t acknowledge, you justify and by justifying it as acceptable and normal, you promote it. Don´t kid yourself, people are not stupid and know exactly what people like you are about.

gworld, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Don't worry, you're still safe. The US shield will protect!

Mia, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I justify the torture and rape of civilians? Care to quote me? It must be a lot easier for you to attack something I didn't say than it is for you to back up your own words, so by all means, carry on.
    When you get a chance, why don't you provide some evidence to this claim.

10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Any of your posts in this subject is a justification for torture, rape and murder of civilians. Usually it is like this: "these things are bad but what can we do? It is war and in war always civilians gets hurt and we should not speak about it because it hurts our war effort and we won´t be safe from today´s boogeyman and that is treason"

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    gworld, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:

You have reading comprehension problems. Not much I can do about that. Perhaps it explains why you find Karl Marx's ramblings to be a viable political and socioeconomic strategy.

Obamanation, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GWorld: I don't believe that is so at all. The al queda attacks are made at so many different places and where ever they can marshall the forces, manpower and spot a vulnerable source: Attacks on Spanish trains, and British transit, taking Canadians hostage, attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, killing thousands of innocent people, (including a friend of mine)....essentially any place they can get at. Its not targeted at a few businesses or at some national entity. The history is that innocents die anywhere and everywhere.

You and I clearly disagree. I've pretty much always leaned to the "help these folks out of poverty and desperation perspective" It simply doesn't always work all the time, its enormously costly, and nobody has the will and capability to do it all over the world. Beyond that there are evil people. Always have been --always will be. They could be Americans, Canadians, Saudi's, or from Monaco. There are just evil people...and then there are movements that help turn people evil and dangerous.

These days fundamentalist Islam is producing a lot of dangerous people. and its gotten to the point of kill or be killed. That is simple in my book.

earlpearl, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

The fact that your post is so short, makes me believe that in your heart you know that I am right. :)
    Nobody said that they are not attacking different targets, it is very difficult to pin point who in what oil company is paying which US politicians to make the war or supply the necessary equipment to the dictator in their country to suppress the local people. While the benefit of such wars goes to few companies and person, the costs both in lives and money is paid by whole nation.
    These countries are not poor and don´t need our money, in fact these countries are very rich and we just need to buy their resources at fair price instead of stealing it to develop their economy and turn them to our friends and customers. The simple fact that you speak about evil, shows that your are out of touch with reality on the ground. This is not about evil and angels, it is about different economical, social and political differences.

gworld, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  14. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all. I'm the one that started the thread. I like it when Islamic fundamentalist terrrorists (IFTs) die. it translates into saving innocents lives.

I like it if the IFT's mass around so they are easy to spot. Then we can kill a lot of them at one time.

The more IFT's that die the more innocents that live.

earlpearl, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I believe it is short because he felt it was about all you could comprehend at one time.

Mia, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It was answer to my post and not yours, so you are mistaken.;)

gworld, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Let me try again.

Short so you will understand.

Mia, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can try a one word answer but even that will be behind your capabilities and comprehension. :)

After all you are the genius who doesn´t understand the difference between RCMP and Canadian Army. ;)

gworld, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Is that anything like the Canadian Navy?

[​IMG]

Mia, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We have already seen how a moron doesn´t know the difference between RCMP and the army, you don´t need to make it worse by continuing to post.;)

gworld, Jan 29, 2013 IP