1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

founding a booster club in Europe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johndove, Jan 31, 2019.

Hello,
    I’m a passionate breakdancer, but I also feel lonely sometimes, as there’s no enough people in my area that share this kind of passion. So I was thinking of creating my own booster club to encourage people to give it a try. It is healthy, fun and very very exhausting. The only problem I have is, that I am based in central Europe and booster clubs are not a thing here. How would you best explain this concept to a culture where booster clubs are non-existent?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    johndove, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Use the language they do use and then introduce the language you use.

I know what breakdancing is, I've never heard it referred to as boosting so if I was going to search for info I'd use the words I know. Having found your site I'd unconsciously learn the new lingo and then be better equipped to find more examples.

Case Study, back in the late '90s I wanted to learn how to promote my websites. I couldn't find anything useful until one day I found a site that mentioned "search engine optimisation", once I knew that I had a never-ending source of info. It'll be the same for kids wanting to learn breakdancing.

sarahk, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that by "booster club" you are referring to what I might call a "fan club" or "interest group" that follows a specific topic that the group are all interested in. I don't believe that you need to educate your locale on this type of interest group. Just start a website with all kinds of information about break dancing, list local breakdancing events, perhaps have a forum where members can ask questions, etc. It will be self-explanatory to the visitors as to what is being offered and I suspect that many of them will see value in what you are offering and begin participating. Does not matter what they know about "booster groups" if they like what they are seeing and the value they are receiving.

jrbiz, Feb 3, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.