1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Found out scammers address.Highschool. can i fax in?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by vincehelp, Dec 26, 2012.

Is it legal to fax into his school explaining what he does online ripping people?

vincehelp, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  2. Snat

Snat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I imagine it could be illegal or at least unethical, the school is likely not involved in anyway. If what he is doing is illegal, why not just fax the police station near the school and tell them. I am sure if you use Google Maps you will find a police station close by.

Snat, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. Underlight

Underlight Peon

Best Answers:
    It would most likely turn out to be effectless and the fax would be tossed into the trash without any other consequenses. Worst case it could be classified as defamation/slander, and you could end up with some shit on yourself. I don't have any knowledge in law whatsoever, but I know that it's usually better to just let things go. The good guy never wins.

Underlight, Jan 10, 2013 IP
  4. JamesSmith110

JamesSmith110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is likely legal, depending on how you obtained the information, although they probably won't get involved directly aslong as it was not done in his lunch hour or on-school time etc, they would likely forward the matter to the police, if you provide proof of your aligations and they are not just baseless and groundless.

Your probably better reporting it to the police yourself, if a) you where not doing anything dodgy to get scammed b) you lost a serious amount of money, i doubt they will be interested in only a couple of dollars.

JamesSmith110, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    dnahosting and brada7x like this.
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you know enough information about the person, you should just file a report at your local police station. Just like the person above had said. But, keep in mind detectives has cases ranging on the amount and the larger it is, it`ll be the first one to take a look at.

If its anything $200 or less its small petty theft. (Total of his rip off scheme)

James Byun, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. Xnefoo

Xnefoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah you would probably get in trouble for something like that especially if he/she is under 18. A similar thing happened at my school recently.

Xnefoo, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  7. nmridul

nmridul Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure it is indeed the scammer ? Sometimes scammers cover their trails properly and you end up pointing finger at the wrong person. So better be cautious.

nmridul, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  8. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    The closest thing to a legal cause of action might be for a civil wrong -- "intentional infliction of emotional distress." I doubt that a civil lawsuit would result but unless there is a legitimate reason to go out of your way inform a school, there might be some resulting unintended consequences.

xanth, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  9. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a lawyer but being being scammed quite a few times here I think the best thing you can do in case its not involving substantial amount of money is just let it go and count the experience as a lesson. Atmost you can post your experience here with his membership details.

sasanko, Jan 26, 2013 IP