1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forums and google

Discussion in 'Google' started by chillsector, Aug 21, 2008.

I'm not too experienced with SE, but how does Google work with online forums? Can I make it so all posts are indexed by Google? Any advice for me?

chillsector, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posts are usually indexed in online forums. Do you own the forum? If not, I don't think there's any way you can "make sure" all forum posts are indexed. But they usually are.

AngelaE8654, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. slamriot

slamriot Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there, forums are just like any other website, if the content is good, then you'll get ranked good, if it lacks, then you can expect the same results in search engines.

A forum can rank high if you have enough active members and they post quality content, other than that I don't do much forum work and couldn't tell you much about making them get indexed, but more than likely, if you get a few backlinks and people are posting, most of the links will get indexed pretty quickly.

I am a blogger and web designer from scratch myself, so I can't really help you much with forums, built a few but after getting slammed with a ton of spammers I gave up on them.

slamriot, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Forums normally have very low click through rate.. avoid creating forum if you are creating it only for revenue.

Abhik, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    pctec likes this.
  5. slamriot

slamriot Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, forums are good for getting backlinks to your main site in signatures, but as far as trying to make money from a forum, might as well forget it, you can promote tons of free stuff on forums, but avoid trying to sell products, it just doesn't seem to work because everyone is posting and no one is clicking :confused:

slamriot, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had any problem getting traffic from forums. As a matter of fact, I get quite a bit of traffic from forums. Why do you say that there's not much clickthrough on forums? Even if it's a low clickthrough, if the forum is a high volume forum you can still get traffic that's decent.

wantmomoney, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  7. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to index the maximum number of threads in your forum, then you need to have a High PR forum like DP. Build backlinks for your forum, that will help to get more threads to index.

angilina, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  8. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you have to do anything special for indexing the pages. Search engines would do the job by themselves.

webcosmo, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  9. chillsector

chillsector Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I would hope the member activity and posting interesting threads would help it gain backlinks on its own.

chillsector, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  10. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you want google to indexed more pages, you cna do by getting more high PR backlinks so bot can come to visit your forum more often. or you can make a sitemap and submit it to google but this one may take a lots of time.

tradeya, Aug 22, 2008 IP
    webcosmo likes this.