1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum with shallow content impacted by Panda - possible solution?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ranman1973, Mar 27, 2011.

Howdy,

My site and forum has very shallow content. By ''shallow', I mean people post very brief reports of hotels they won on Priceline and Hotwire. You can check it out here: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/forum . A typical topic is something like this:

````````````````````````````````````````
    HOTWIRE WINNING BID: I made the following hotel reservation using Hotwire:
    Hotel name: Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort
    Price per night: $111
    This is a 4 star hotel.

Check-in: 04/15/2011
    Check-out: 04/21/2011
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get hundreds of similar posts a month. Each post is its own new topic. As you can see the post is not super deep in terms of content or text, but it serves a very important purpose and people love this type of information. Unfortunately, Google doesn't like this, and I have a feeling this is the reason for my recent drop in search traffic from Google. (For those who don't know about Google's latest algorithm update called "Panda", rumour has it that sites with shallow content are being penalized.)

So, I am thinking that I would be better off having several posts under a single topic. Currently each post falls under its own topic.

I am wondering what you guys think of this? Overall, I will have the same content. However, rather than having lots of topics with 1 post each, I will have fewer topics but each containing several posts.

Thanks all.

ranman1973, Mar 27, 2011 IP