1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Stealer Tool?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by craze3, Mar 7, 2007.

1. craze3

craze3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is really not much you can do about it. ANY page can be scraped, even if it requires login- you can create an account and have your bot login before starting the scraping.
    The best way to combat this would be to make your forums only readable by members, and making the login page require the user to enter a captcha validation code. This way the bot would not be able to duplicate the verification code, but real human users could have their passwords saved so they wouldn't be hassled by the verification every time they visited.

craze3, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  2. the Patrician

the Patrician Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the info and will keep it in mind as a possibility to pass along to the webmasters of other forums I am in. I can see where problems might arise if I were to go sign up in a forum to do posting and they said they already had me.

I guess the only recourse there would be to get them to check MY personal data against what some copy/paste thief had entered, but then I guess I would still have the problem of proving I was really me! :eek:

Yet another form of identity theft to have to try and counter! It never ceases to amaze me, the effort some people put in to avoid effort. :confused:

excelsior.....the Patrician

the Patrician, Mar 11, 2007 IP