1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Software Question "Forgotten password" hack

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by akel, May 17, 2011.

As you may know. Digitalpoint have had a lot of scams/hacks where users are offering dollars per member for signing upto there forum.. With no intention of paying them a penny.

Forum softwares like Activeboard do not send you a new password, they send you your current password which allows admins to change there email and send them the password of the user direct to there email. All the admin does is change the users email, then logs out and hits "forgotten password" Then they have your password.

I'm writing an article on my blog about the scam. And would appreciate if people know anymore forum software which allow you to do this, and if you could add your view.

I've had this happen to me but luckily I use about 3-5 passwords for different sites/forums!

Leave your opinions, and forum software so we all know where to be EXTREMELY careful.

@Activeboard.com

akel, May 17, 2011 IP