1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum security

Discussion in 'Security' started by highlow, Jul 12, 2013.

Hello everyone. i have a forum and it has a little complication with the law so we want safety of the members and of course the forum. Its somewhere in Asia. Can you please give me " security measures"? Like i post TOR brower for them to understand the best browser to use. Im using kunena forum but i dont have plan yet to other forum software. What should i check first? About the domain, i have a privacy but its just an addon domain and the other domain doesnt have a privacy so they may still detect the owner of the site? So please give me steps of what i should do

highlow, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  2. robbydeletter

robbydeletter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy an ssl certificate for your site.

robbydeletter, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  3. highlow

highlow Member

Best Answers:
    is that all and everything will be fine? hostgator or godaddy? i dont know if its about the server or domain. I like the support of hostgator. i have a baby plan so it has a free ssl?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    highlow, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  4. robbydeletter

robbydeletter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Certainely not godaddy, hostgator or hawkhost if you ask me. Ssl will secure your site, dp has also a very good ssl certificate.

robbydeletter, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  5. highlow

highlow Member

Best Answers:
    so SSL is just the answer but i have to buy the most expensive ssl if we are protecting the members from the Government? thats all? if ever i dont have ssl can you give me a little view what might happen? thanks for your reply

highlow, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  6. stelthius

stelthius Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to run illegal websites then know the ins and outs first otherwise you're going to cause alot of issues for a lot of people. Grab an SSL as suggested.

stelthius, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  7. highlow

highlow Member

Best Answers:
    What if i just ask them to use TOR browser? they are already safe right? how about my security? i mean i want to hide my real identity and i have a private domain, its already safe right?

highlow, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  8. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    SSL Certificate helps to secure online transaction on your website. If you wont enable SSL Certificate on your website, your current and prospective customer's confidential information like credit card details, email etc., would be at risk. Hacker can easily grab and misuse your client's confidential information. I suggest you to select your SSL Certificate from ClickSSL.com - they provide SSL at quite cheapest price (starting with $10).

Roger Pelt, Jul 15, 2013 IP