1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum question

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TLDTrader.com, Aug 17, 2004.

I'm planning to enter into a link exchange with a Forum. My link goes on every page of that forum. It has more than 48,000 posts, so I thought it must have considerable number of pages.

I used the "site:" query at Google and it returned only 26 pages for the site :( "Link:" check returned only 10 links. What could be wrong with that forum? robots.txt?

The forum is powered by IPB v1.3.1

Thanks in advance.

TLDTrader.com, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe it's not search engine friendly...

digitalpoint, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  3. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also thinking along those lines, dp. So you also think I wouldn't get much mileage from the exchange? I was hoping that my link will show up on many pages of that forum :(

I'm exchanging a PR6 home page link for those 26 pages(home page is PR4). Should I go ahead with the exchange?

Thanks.

4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    If the forum's not SE friendly I wouldn't bother with a link exchange.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    what's the PR of the forums? if it's not decent (at least a 4 or so) it's not likely anything would get into the SEs even if it was spider-friendly

disgust, Aug 17, 2004 IP
  6. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    disgust, home page of the forum is a PR4. I just looked at the snapshot of google taken August 10 for one of the pages. It showed some MySQL error message. Could this be the cause? I read somewhere here that IPB is search engine friendly.

GuyFromChicago, for PR and/or anchor text consideration you could be correct. But if there is "considerable" amount of traffic in that forum, I think it's another matter. Even if the spider doesn't "see" all of the pages, they(pages) are still visible to the human visitors. Hence, more exposure for your link :)

Thanks.